Technical Account Manager - IBM (Software Portfolio)
Williamsville, NY, United States
Job ID: 46073
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 40 acquisitions since 2012.
About the role: Our ideal candidate must have the propensity to learn complex IBM technology in a short timeframe. This TAM will focus on IBM's Software portfolio/solutions.
A requirement for this role will be to complete technical requirements/certifications within the first 6 months.
Any existing IBM certs is a huge plus!
- Looking for someone who is strong with technical knowledge but also has proactive sales strategy. Aligned very closely with business unit/vendor that they support - IBM.
- Responds to customer service inquiries regarding company products, features and/or services.
- Researches, documents and communicates recurring technical issues.
- Will provide multiple levels of escalated support based on the complexity of the technical issue.
- Will refer problems of an unusual or complex, nature to university degreed engineers/Technical Solutions Professional.
- Associates in this job have technical knowledge typically acquired from a technical certification or Company training programs.
- Works with customer and company personnel to define technical problem, determine the solution and assist customer in implementing the fix.
- Expanding the portfolios of existing resellers
- Educating new resellers
- Maintaining relationships with focus partners
- Demoing products/maintaining a product lab
- Designing solutions to meet specific needs
- Producing compelling Ingram/IBM collateral
- Maintaining up to date product and portfolio knowledge
Education: A four year college degree (or additional experience in a related field) and 3 years functional experience including a minimum 1 year position specific experience.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.