Cisco Engineer, Integration Services
Mira Loma, CA, United States
Job ID: 46089
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Ingram Micro’s Integration Solutions Group is looking for a Sr Engineer to join their team. The Senior Engineer role is a member of our shop floor product build team and requires experience with Cisco “Rack and Stack”. The work is done in a discrete manufacturing facility where we create end user appliances and datacenter solutions.
The schedule for this role is Monday – Friday 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM; 100% onsite with no “remote” option.
What you will be doing:
- Implement Cisco networking appliances with an understanding of layer 2 and layer 3 switching and routing concepts, and how they apply to Cisco equipment
- Responsible for wiring networks, installing and configuring routers and switches, and performing advanced troubleshooting
- Perform engineering processes, (e.g. design, hardware / component installation, server integration, RAID configurations, network cabling, BIOS and firmware, software imaging and image management, asset tagging, reporting and management, and system functional testing) for servers, network and storage
- Implement and enforce processes by applying knowledge of hardware integration, assembly, materials, and software configuration; confer with equipment vendors; and solicit observations from operators
- Configure, test, troubleshoot, and repair computer systems, including small-to-mid-size compute and storage appliances, servers, power supplies, components, and test equipment
- Plan and perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of system assembly and testing, writing specifications, and principles of operation and application of computer hardware and software
- Start up and shut down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for system and test equipment activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements
- Advise operators and line personnel of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic systems as well as electrostatic sensitive devices and components; participates in the training of other technical-level employees
- Perform platform confidence and extended burin-in tests on computer equipment by launching automated scripting, while monitoring and reporting on system status
- Perform preventative maintenance functions as directed; maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment
- System Imaging (using ghost, USB boot, PXE boot, etc.)
- Computer hardware installation/upgrades (e.g., memory, hard drives, and NICs)
- Software and OS conﬁgurations, BIOS conﬁgurations and upgrades
- Asset tagging and asset management
- Communication and escalation with management regarding customer orders
- Unpacking, packing, and kitting of hardware and components
- Independently acquire additional skills to maintain technical competencies
What you bring to the role:
- Engineering Degree required
- BS required; MS preferred
- Computer Science or Electrical Engineering preferred
- Cisco Expert certification required
- Cisco Certified Design Expert (CCDE), or
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Enterprise Infrastructure, or
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Data Center
- Verifiable 5-10 years of Cisco hands-on configuration experience required
- General knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating Systems required
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or production work environment preferred
- Data Center experience preferred
- Must be able to lift servers and appliances
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with other employees
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment that requires adaptability, high level of initiative and problem-solving skills
- Technical knowledge and experience to analyze problems and implement necessary repairs or corrective action
- Software troubleshooting skills desirable but not required
What you can expect from us:
- Comprehensive training
- Opportunity to begin a long-term career with unlimited growth and advancement with a stable and growing organization!!!
- Medical, vision, dental insurance – we even have options for your pets!
- 401k with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid vacation days and sick days
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.