Professional, Infrastructure - Voice Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Taguig City, Philippines
Job ID: 42803
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The Unified Communications (UC) Engineer position is responsible for the overall support, maintenance, installation and upgrades of the Ingram Micro Unified IP Communications systems. The UC Engineer will also troubleshoot and resolve voice related problems and manage voice systems performance. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situation requires evaluation and judgment. Assists and/or leads the planning of small to medium systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies and project management.
- Be part of a 24/7, shift pattern Operations Team leading the Unified Communications technology initiatives at Ingram Micro
- Responsible for the overall support and troubleshooting functions of several networked Cisco’s Call Manager VoIP systems and their ancillary devices
- Assist with moves/adds/changes in the telephony platforms, including call center platforms
- Support Cisco Voice and Video Infrastructures in the site and datacenter environments
- Support the Jabber and WebEx environment (Cloud based Jabber and WebEx)
- Responsible for ensuring that Service Level Agreements are met with regard to availability and reliability of services provided.
- Ensure trouble tickets are initiated, updated, and resolved in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the design, installation and maintenance and backups of VoIP Telecommunications Systems and associated equipment.
- Produce and review systems documentation to assure it is complete, up to date and according to departmental standards.
- Responsible for maintaining security of critical passwords, data, and procedures.
- Participates in the monitoring, reporting, and analysis of issues related to the Telecommunications systems.
- Recommend and implement processes to improve efficiencies.
- Define technology standards, work on project teams, trouble-shoot complex issues related to networking
- Provide troubleshooting techniques to diagnose issues and identify root causes of issues
- Monitor alerts, trouble-shoot issues, and coordinate hardware replacement
- Manage data center and site equipment inventory. Coordinate and plan hardware refresh with senior engineers and management.
- Participate in the Ingram Micro change management process
- Hands on experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager CUCM (3 years)
- Hands on experience provisioning, supporting and troubleshooting users and devices in CUCM
- Hands on experience provisioning, supporting and troubleshooting Cisco Jabber clients (WebEx Connect Platform)
- Hands on experience in provisioning and troubleshooting Cisco Jabber clients, Cisco IP Communicator and Finesse.
- Knowledge of Cisco Expressway (Core and Edge), VCS and Telepresence endpoint provisioning and support.
- Experience with of UCS servers, Gateways, SIP trunks and Contact Center Environment operational support is a plus.
- Degree in computer science or equivalent job-related experience