Contracts Management, SaaS
This job posting is no longer active.
San Jose, CA, United States
Job ID: 46015
Ingram Micro Cloud is a “startup like” business arm of the larger Ingram Micro – and we’re growing absurdly fast. We are the world’s largest cloud platform provider, enabling any business to provide cloud solutions to anyone. We are committed to helping our partners drive new ways of doing business with an infinite ecosystem of cloud solutions, platform technology, enablement programs, and relationships with the biggest players in the cloud industry. Today, we deliver the world’s broadest, fully automated marketplace of cloud services. We have a proven track record of success and expertise in SaaS, IaaS, UCaaS, IoT, and Cybersecurity, and a large footprint in the channel that allows our partners to grow faster than any others. Currently, Ingram Micro is the world’s largest technology distributor, with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with over 40 acquisitions since 2012 – and we’re just getting started.CloudBlue, an Ingram Micro business, is the result of $500 million in investments, including the acquisitions of Odin, Ensim, and other software companies. CloudBlue platform provides companies with Catalog, Partner, and Product Information Management capabilities through direct and indirect channels supporting any type of product distribution. Today CloudBlue powers the world’s largest service provider marketplaces, totaling more than 30 million seats globally. Responsibilities:
What you bring to the role:
- Oversee and drive Customer contract negotiations for all types of sales engagements (net new business, renewals, statements of work) and represent CloudBlue business development interests in front of both CB Customers and CB internal support functions (legal, compliance, security) to ensure timely and agile contracting
- Own contract redlining and negotiation process with the Customers: identify and understand the risks at any point in time, assess and quantify their business impact, recommend potential solutions to the decision makers, manage the escalation process to the right levels of management to overcome the legal obstacles and break through legal stalemates
- Be a subject matter expert and go-to person for all contractual matters, acting as a liaison between Sales and Customer Success teams worldwide, the Customer, and CloudBlue support functions (Services, Legal, Compliance, others)
- Design, improve, iterate and be the ultimate responsible for CloudBlue commercial and contractual frameworks, practices, and templates that reflect new business and operating models delivered and enabled by CloudBlue technology platforms, products, and services
- Design and execute the processes for approving commercial proposals, including the management of Deal Desk (while the purely operational work on Deal Desk is done by the team of contract administrators in Business operations)
- Be in charge of continuous improvement and optimization of contracting cycle: proactively identify business and legal risks / obstacles to deals closure we experience in the sales cycle (benchmark with industry best practices, perform ongoing analysis of successful and unsuccessful deals) – propose corrective actions, alternative approaches, and escalations to ensure timely resolutions and process changes if required
- Ensure CloudBlue compliance with the contractual obligations, provide advice on commercial and contractual matters to the sales and delivery teams and apply CloudBlue commercial best practice in the day-to-day management and operation of the account
- Law Degree required
- 8+ years experience in contract management/negotiations in the technology industry (Cloud / SaaS related areas are preferred)
- Strong track record in contract negotiation and demonstrated ability to reach consensus and deliver concrete business objectives by providing legal support to the sales and contracting process
- Demonstrable experience working / interacting with senior level management (director/VP and above) in a global organization
- Prior work in a high growth start-up environment is highly valuable
- Team management experience a plus, while ability to seamlessly work in an extended team, jointly delivering results in both formal and informal teams / task forces is a must
- Willingness to travel, as required, while possessing demonstrable ability to achieve result through working remotely in a global business, across all time-zones
- Fluent professional English, additional languages a plus
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Why Ingram Micro?
- Competitive tech industry salaries
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K Matching
- Vacation + Sick Days
- Work Life Balance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Bonus Opportunities
- Benefits start on day one
- Swag from the coolest vendors in Tech
- Mentorship & Career Growth Opportunities
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.