Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.Who we are:
, we view Cloud not just as a single technology, but as a foundational solution to run and drive a whole new way of doing business. CloudBlue is the world’s largest cloud platform provider that orchestrates B2B ecosystems by enabling management of traditional and digital products and subscriptions, quickly onboarding, and integrating with partners, and scaling Digital Business globally with a single platform. CloudBlue
, an Ingram Micro business, is the result of $500 million in investments, including the acquisitions of Odin, Ensim, and other software companies. CloudBlue platform provides companies with Catalog, Partner, and Product Information Management capabilities through direct and indirect channels supporting any type of product distribution. Today CloudBlue powers the world’s largest service provider marketplaces, totaling more than 30 million seats globally.
We are committed to helping our partners drive new ways of doing business with an infinite ecosystem of cloud solutions, platform technology, enablement programs and relationships with the biggest players in the Cloud Industry. We help our customers and partners transform their business, so they are fastest to market and are rapidly successful in the distribution, sale, and management of any type of product in the Digital Economy. Our entrepreneurial scope means we operate with the agility of a high growth start-up, but with the confidence & backing of a Fortune 100 corporation. How do you stand out?
We are hiring a driven, self starter that has her/his mind in the evolution of Digital Services experience in the As-a-Service Economy and has the influence to lead internal and external stakeholders on a journey towards rapid & sustainable growth with our ecosystem of Provider partners, Cloud vendors, and End users. We live our core values: Resilience, Creativity, Customer Focus, Self-Development, Courage and Energy to deal with Ambiguity. Your role:
By partnering with a variety of stakeholders such as Sales Representatives / BDMs, Customer Success Team, Service Delivery, Legal, Risk and Finance, the Contract Manager / Commercial Lawyer will:
What you bring to the role:
- Oversee and drive Customer contract negotiations for all types of sales engagements (net new business, renewals, statements of work) and represent CloudBlue business development interests in front of both CB Customers and CB internal support functions (legal, compliance, security) to ensure timely and agile contracting
- Own contract redlining and negotiation process with the Customers: identify and understand the risks at any point in time, assess and quantify their business impact, recommend potential solutions to the decision makers, manage the escalation process to the right levels of management to overcome the legal obstacles and break through legal stalemates
- Be a subject matter expert and go-to person for all contractual matters, acting as a liaison between Sales and Customer Success teams worldwide, the Customer, and CloudBlue support functions (Services, Legal, Compliance, others)
- Design, improve, iterate and be the ultimate responsible for CloudBlue commercial and contractual frameworks, practices, and templates that reflect new business and operating models delivered and enabled by CloudBlue technology platforms, products, and services
- Design and execute the processes for approving commercial proposals, including the management of Deal Desk (while the purely operational work on Deal Desk is done by the team of contract administrators in Business operations)
- Be in charge of continuous improvement and optimization of contracting cycle: proactively identify business and legal risks / obstacles to deals closure we experience in the sales cycle (benchmark with industry best practices, perform ongoing analysis of successful and unsuccessful deals) – propose corrective actions, alternative approaches, and escalations to ensure timely resolutions and process changes if required
- Ensure CloudBlue compliance with the contractual obligations, provide advice on commercial and contractual matters to the sales and delivery teams and apply CloudBlue commercial best practice in the day-to-day management and operation of the account
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
- Qualified commercial lawyer with 5+ years experience in the hi-tech, telecom, engineering or similar industry (Cloud / SaaS related areas are a plus)
- University degree in law required, ideally complemented with an MBA
- Strong track record in contract negotiation and demonstrated ability to reach consensus and deliver concrete business objectives by providing legal support to the sales and contracting process
- Demonstrable experience working / interacting with senior level management (director/VP and above) in $1bn+ organizations
- Prior work in a high growth start-up environment is highly valuable
- Team management experience a plus, while ability to seamlessly work in an extended team, jointly delivering results in both formal and informal teams / task forces is a must
- Willingness to travel, as required, while possessing demonstrable ability to achieve result through working remotely in a global business, across all time-zones
- Fluent professional English, additional languages a plus
Please be prepared to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.