Ingram Micro is the global leader in technology and supply chain services with an extensive array of resources to drive market and customer growth, while bringing unique insights that enable businesses to realize the promise of technology™.
Enabling our partners and vendors to operate more efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve, we are proud to be associated with names such as Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, Hewlett–Packard and Lenovo.
No other company delivers as broad and deep a spectrum of technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. To achieve this, we know that we need great people with a mindset that supports and delivers on the complete customer delivery model. To compliment this dynamic team we are currently looking for a Asus Sales Specialist.
The role is to sell - primarily by telephone – products and services to customers, maintaining and improving on revenue and profit, whilst maintaining the highest standards of customer service. Individuals will be expected to look for and develop new accounts and opportunities wherever possible. The individual is expected to develop a strong understanding of the relevant products and service offered by the Vendors within the portfolio to enable them to provide best in class service and support. Individuals will also be required to travel from time to time. This could be to attend customer meetings off-site or to support customer focus days or events.
Responsibilities, Supporting Actions & End-Results
Working to exceptional standards of quality, efficiency and productivity is essential to providing a good customer service internally and externally and is a key part of the role; as are a solid commercial understanding, the ability to understand the key technical aspects of products and services.
Internal sales representative. Promote the vendor’s product and service offering within Ingram Micro
- Provide information on product and service offerings by the vendor
- Become a Trusted Advisor for both internal and external customers
- Provide availability, discontinuation & special offers
- Provide pricing and quotations to customers
- Follow up on sales leads and opportunities
External new business development – developing new business relationships
- Develop new business by cold calling, presenting sales quotations, providing sound business advice and closing sales opportunities
- Provide regular sales forecasts and business updates to the Vendor and Business Manager
- Accurately manage, nurture and monitor deal progress
Major Responsibility: Training and sales floor support
- Maintain and improve product & market knowledge within Ingram Micro sales force
- Training initiatives to increase knowledge and skills.
- Support sales focus days at Ingram Micro and at customers where necessary
- Deliver excellent customer service at all times to all stakeholders
- Develop exceptional business relationships at all levels of Customers’ organisations
- Have a strong commercial awareness of the needs of Customers, Vendors and Ingram Micro
- Design and deliver account growth plans
- Achieve and exceed specific targets in line with business expectations
- Manage and understand sales pipeline to enable accurate forecasting and business planning
- Understand the Vendor’s proposition, business model, service offerings and USPs in relation to the competition and be able to explain and position them appropriately to the Customers
- Have the drive and motivation to proactively develop own skills to enable development as part of a specific Individual Development Plan
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
Knowledge, Skills or Experience Required
- Must have a full UK driving license
- Previous experience of working in a fast paced or IT sales environment is desirable
- Previous experience in tele-sales is preferred with a proven track record of success
- Knowledge and a passion for technology products and services is essential
- PC Literate – working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications Excel and Outlook
- Articulate, with a high standard of verbal clarity at all levels
- Skilled at establishing rapport verbally with customer
- Build networks internally with other departments
- Strong questioning and listening skills
- Able to consistently work towards and meet/exceed daily, weekly, monthly and annual targets on a wide range of performance measures
- Self-motivated and resilient, able to handle rejection
- Will take the initiative and use appropriate judgement in a crisis situation
Work under Pressure
- Able to work speedily without compromising quality
- Flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances
- Able to prioritise workload
- Ensures personal objectives are in harmony with team and corporate objectives
- Works within team to maintain and improve strong working relationships which facilitate the highest standards of customer service and productivity
- Excellent numeracy and literacy
- Effective time management, balancing reactive and proactive activities in a high volume environment
- Able to react and respond quickly to requests for pricing quotations maintaining margin and revenue standards throughout
- The ability to solve problems and to design and implement solutions to a variety of different challenges and issues
- The ability to understand and implement multiple complex processes
- Deals effectively with confrontation and aims to secure a win/win outcome
- Uses persuading and influencing skills to overcome objections and present value added propositions.
- Focused on providing solutions to internal and external customers
- Adds value to the customer by using all industry knowledge to support the customer needs
- Displays a “Customer First” attitude at all times