Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
The Sr. Client Account Executive develops and executes global account strategies and builds and maintains strategic global relationships with existing customers. The Sr Account Executive is an expert is responsible for generating revenue, profit and advancing market share with customers globally by building meaningful business relationships and positioning and selling products, programs, services, and solutions that align with the customer’s and Ingram Micro’s key objectives.
The Sr. Client Account Executive has direct account ownership and builds and expands the global relationship with current customers by educating and selling programs, products, solutions and services that allow the customer and Ingram Micro to accomplish financial and business objectives. The Sr. Client Account Executive is typically assigned to the most strategic and complex accounts or may hold a sales quota higher than most.
Acting as the account strategist and steward of the customer relationship, the Sr. Client Account Executive -
- Manages and develops business strategies and opportunities with customers to expand existing relationships and develop new relationships.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of industry trends and technologies to leverage their expertise, along with the experience of other Ingram Micro experts, to build, position, and sell advanced solutions, programs, and services to key accounts.
- Manages and oversees the sales process for assigned accounts to ensure smooth, timely, and accurate execution of deals.
- Communicates with Ingram Micro staff to ensure that internal support and sales team members understand and are able to properly support sales opportunities.
- Maintains consistent communication with all parties regarding key initiatives pertaining to account to further grow profitable business.
- Provides specialized consultation, education/training, and sales resources to enable vendor and reseller success, and acts as an extension of the vendor organization to drive programs and vendor initiatives to channel partners.
- Creates and communicates tactical and strategic initiatives and forecasts aligned with the direction of the organization and divisional objectives.
- Engages with Ingram country sales and leadership teams to drive consistent engagement and execute on global strategies
- Manages complex, global RFPs
- Has the ability to influence global colleagues on strategic initiatives
- Leads global and regional QBRs with clients
- Is accountable for achieving overall revenue/profit/share objectives through active selling and operational execution within assigned customers.
- Manages and oversees the sales process for assigned accounts and develops a robust pipeline to drive ongoing sales opportunities
- Conducts proactive education and strategic planning with key customer contacts to align customer’s strategies to Ingram Micro offerings and positions and closes sales deals to align with those strategies.
- Develops financial (forecasting) and account plans in concert with BU/Divisional strategies
- Partners and plans effectively with internal resources to ensure all areas of the sales process are executed to plan
- Identifies and analyzes new growth opportunities to grow revenue, profit and market share objectives and executes on strategic business plans.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum ten years previous strategic, outside sales, account management experience in related industry or seven years’ experience with Ingram Micro in a field-based sales capacity as Sales Executive or equivalent or minimum of seven years previous strategic, outside sales, account management experience in related industry or four years’ experience with Ingram Micro as Sales Executive or equivalent
- Strong technical knowledge and experience with latest technologies (may need to epand)
- Strong understanding of strategic selling principles, order management, project management, and operations.
- Global trade, and / or selling on a global level experience is preferred
- Proven success building and maintaining year-over-year sales results.
- Skilled in: Negotiations, closing sales, coaching and developing Associates in high performance culture, and order management. Effectively able to manage Profit and Loss concepts and forecasting.
- Knowledge of: Advanced knowledge of Ingram Micro’s products, services, and value proposition
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to present in both technical and non-technical terms to large and small audiences.
- Ability to: Demonstrate business and financial acumen, use influence effectively to drive ideas and initiatives with internal and external partners, multi-task, respond to rapid change, manage projects, manage detail, manage relationships and resources, and set realistic and achievable goals/objectives and timelines.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.