Global Data Steward - Vendor
Job ID: 46541
The Global Data Steward coordinates an organization's quality, integrity, availability, accuracy, completeness, consistency and privacy of data. This role will also be heavily involved in the development and implementation of new technical functionality to meet business requirements, defines data elements and establishes policies and procedures related to the collection and accuracy of data, and performs tests on data systems.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Working closely with country and GBS data owners, local data stewards, data analysts, data architects, SMEs, technical resources, business intelligence, data science, and business partners to ensure the availability, accessibility, quality, consistency, auditability, and security of enterprise data.
- Supporting business, global process, and data governance teams to facilitate process and policy changes.
- Driving enterprise-wide data governance, control, and compliance policies, and work actively with teams to ensure they follow standards.
- Serving as global SME resolving source, definition, naming and business rule conflicts among data-consuming applications and user groups. Participating in the creation and management of data catalog to document data definitions, standards, relationships, mappings, and lineage.
- Working with local and regional SMEs to document local data policies, as well as with corporate SMEs to drive policies on data elements critical to global operational and analytical initiatives.
- Creating and managing data dictionaries to document data, relationships, mappings, and lineage
- Assisting in defining and creating global data quality standards and KPIs.
- Reporting out on country and global performance to data standards to help drive accountability at the local level.
- Working with local management and global process teams to define improvement initiatives where required.
- Proven customer focus have and acumen to cultivate and develop lasting partner relations.
- Relevant education degree (or additional relevant experience in a related field).
- Ability to make significant contribution to processes and systems.
- Experience in creation and use of data policies, dictionaries, glossaries, and lineage-tracking tools.
- Experience using tools and processes for the collection, analysis and remediation of data quality issues.
- Knowledge of best practices in data management, data governance, master data management, metadata management, and business intelligence.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to understand business and technical functions, process information quickly, and assess impacts to data elements.