Sr. Manager, Vendor Management - LATAM Export
Miami, FL, United States
Job ID: 46336
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012
We are seeking a Sr. Manager, Vendor Management that will drive strategy and the success of the business. This role will manage a team and will cover all countries in the LATAM/Caribbean region. The preferred experience would be someone with Components and Systems, with people management experience and proven track record of launching new relationships/developing that business. This role will be in our Miami, FL office and will be able to work a Hybrid Schedule of in office and remote.
Bilingual English/Spanish (speaking, reading, writing) required
Your role as Vendor Business Manager:
- Work as liaison between vendors and organization; provides specialized consultative service and implementing, driving and maintaining vendor programs, marketing, and training
- Creates the strategy for the team and partner with the sales organization on ways to penetrate the reseller community.
- Grow the Components and System Business Unit, maintaining and bringing new business, develop them and moving us into new markets
- Review and negotiate terms of vendor contracts and communicate with vendors regarding day-to-day matters
- Build and maintain positive relationships with vendors and monitor vendor performance
- Research invoice and contractual issues and resolve discrepancies
- Manages a team which could consists of entry level, experienced professionals, and supervisors/managers
- Focus on policy and strategy implementation of operational plans and provides input in defining operation plans/strategies
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree desirable or equivalent work experience
- Min 8 years related industry experience – driving vendor relationships and new business strategy
- 5 years of experience supporting relevant vendor partnerships – Components and Systems
- Prior people management/supervisor experience – mixed teams of sales and operations
- Bilingual English/Spanish Speaking required
- Knowledge of financial modeling and forecasting
- Knowledge of technology products and distribution channels
- Knowledge of Ingram's business practices, processes and systems is a plus
- Knowledge of general computer applications required. Proficiency in Excel Required
- Strong negotiation skills – must be an influencer
- Proven sales skills and working experience in developing business plans required
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and understand/communicate complex financial data.
- Ability to implement recommendations and see projects through to completion
- Solid experience developing and leading teams
What you can expect from us:
- Comprehensive training
- Opportunity to begin a long-term career with unlimited growth and advancement with a stable and growing organization!!!
- Medical, vision, dental insurance – we even have options for your pets!
- 401k with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid vacation and sick day
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.