Network Engineer (Professional, IT Systems / Network Administration)
Taguig City, Philippines
Job ID: 46232
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions.
With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012. Position Summary:
What you bring to the role:
- Direct/Manage/Supervise the organization's computer systems and network environment to ensure optimization of overall network and supporting systems.
- Plan and execute the installation, configuration, and maintenance of PC and server hardware, software, LAN and WAN networks, and operating systems.
- Maintain operating efficiency and stability, ensure the security and integrity of all systems and data, and respond to outages and other issues.
- Responsible for all aspects of system and network administration including routers, firewalls, servers, computers, hardware/software, data recovery and back up.
- Oversee application administration activities such as creating, modifying, and deleting users, optimizing remote access, and security access for messaging systems, databases, and web applications.
- Collaborate with other departments to prioritize systems/network needs and upgrade systems as necessary.
- Manage the development, testing, evaluation, and installation of enhancements.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
- Established and productive professional individual contributor. Works independently with general supervision. Problems faced are difficult and may be complex.
- May influence others within the job area through explanation of facts, policies and practices.
- Works on moderate to complex projects.
- Uses company standard policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Receives moderate level of guidance.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall accuracy.
- General proficiency with various tools, systems, and procedures required to accomplish the job.
- May need to consult with Senior/Specialist staff members on some technical issues.
- A four year college degree (or additional experience in a related field) and 3 years functional experience including a minimum 1 year position specific experience.