Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
Shipwire is an Ingram Micro company, and award-winning cloud-based SaaS delivery platform providing clients with global commerce through our extensive partner network and over 150 distribution centers in more than 50 countries around the world.
As a Software Engineering Manager at Shipwire, you’ll have no shortage of interesting and challenging projects. Primarily you'll be responsible for leading engineers who develop our application platform, APIs, and web services.
- Contribute to the growth of Shipwire's flagship merchant application and APIs
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product and Design teams to architect and deliver features that delight our customers
- Motivate and cultivate talented engineers by mentoring, goal setting, and delivering timely feedback
- Advocate for quality, stability, and scalability improvements
- Participate in code reviews to protect the code base and product
- Be a voice for our customers and advocate for a great user experience
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years professional software engineering experience with 3+ years’ experience leading engineering teams
- Proficiency designing and building scalable web applications in an OO development environment (e.g., PHP/LAMP, Java, Ruby)
- Comfortable throughout the technical stack, from database and microservices to APIs and front-end client applications
- Strong team player – experience leading Agile teams
- Experience with automated testing and continuous integration systems
- Experience with Git version control
- Strong communication skills, interacting with both technical and non-technical teammates and stakeholders
- Dependable. Visionary. Friendly. Curious. Confident.
HOW DO YOU STAND OUT?
- Experience developing in LAMP (PHP/MySQL) stack
- Experience in Python, Go, Java and/or MongoDB
- Experience building web applications using front end framework such as: Backbone, Angular, or React
- Knowledge and experience working with service-oriented architectures
- Experience building responsive websites
- Contributor to open-source projects
- Experience scaling and improving performance on evolving software and web applications
- Experience working with Cloud infrastructure (GCP, Azure, AWS)
- Strong bias towards action and iterating
- Backend written in PHP
- Tools utilizing PHP, Python, VueJs, Laraval, Kong
- Testing framework includes Selenium, PHP Unit Tests, Tavern and a custom API testing framework.
- Microservices written in Java and Go
- mySql & MongoDB data storage
- Application utilizes the Google Cloud Platform
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
PERKS & BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR INGRAM MICRO
- Medical insurance available immediately upon hire, with no waiting period
- 401K is vested immediately
- Casual work attire, jeans allowed
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Career Development
- A Company Culture rich in our Vision and Values
- Open Door Policy
- Company Observed Holidays
- Family friendly company
- Yearly Bonus Opportunity
- Company off-sites
- Conferences encouraged
- Discount Programs that include wellness, technology, retail, and more!
** Must be a US Citizen or legal to work in the US without sponsorship.
***H1B Sponsorship is not available at this time for this position***
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.