The Country IT General Manager will lead a team of technical BAs, software developers, and infra/network talent, to enable the country with tools, technology, and backbone foundation to transform India with digital capabilities, operation tools, and analytics, while managing stakeholders’ expectations and supporting country 3-year strategic plan.
For IT enablement, the leader will be responsible and accountable for modernizing the country backbone with a robust infra/network foundation across 20+ sites including Shared Service Center; supporting India’s last-mile in large enterprise system deployments and managing programs to meet compliance/audit requirements; representing India as the country SME to global IS COEs in order to define localization requirements; and, enable employees’ persona-based journeys with equipment, IS end-user support, and a simplified tool portfolio.
For web & B2B/C enablement, the leader will be responsible and accountable for deploying last-mile of digital suites, including B2B commerce projects/enhancements, B2B automation (EDI/API/XML), and web analytics, by partnering with regional digital team and global COE product delivery teams, in order to enhance reseller/partner channel experience.
S/he would be a seasoned IT leader who has solid experience in end-to-end technology stack, infra/network/IT Ops, software development (agile methodology), and lean. This role will report directly to India’s Shared Services Center CIO and duel-report directly to APAC CIO for day-to-day operation, performance, and country delivery. S/he will also report indirectly to India’s Country Chief Executive, for business priorities and outcome alignment.
Responsibilities, Supporting Actions & End-Results
- Major Responsibility: India IT Operations, Tools/Systems, and Lean
Supporting Actions: Enable India infra/network/IT Ops with lagging-indicator management (KPIs) and leading-indicator management (Risk Metrics), manage completeness of CMDB at the country level, support global enterprise deployment and initiatives with last-mile support and baseline analysis, partner with both global and regional IT team members to enable technical and digital roadmaps, and leverage lean methodology to enable standardization, simplification, and scaling/sustain-ability. Map out employee experience journey, especially for Go-To-Market personas, and define/execute a simplification journey for tech stack streamlining. Transform I&O support model and service for India business and India shared services center.
End Results: Execute both short-term and long-term India IS programs that will meet business process needs and customer engagement experience. IS KPIs and risk metrics to manage India’s IT operations, Plantport/Jira, and DevOp tools to manage software delivery and program executions. INC/RCA management to increase employee experience, including change score, site availability, helpdesk support, etc, while maintaining a balanced support model and budget. Streamline India Application portfolio into standard tech stack, centralize infra/network into Singapore Data Center, and support business processes with both enterprise and localized systems.
- Major Responsibility: Stakeholder management & Business Processes
Supporting Actions: Partner with India main stakeholders in finance, sales & products, warehouse, and buy, to understand business process, aligning to India’s 3-year business strategic roadmap, and manage stakeholder expectations on tool/system/data requirements. Server as the technical SME to India leadership team, while addressing system impacts and automating processes.
End Results: Localization requirement captured, interpreted, and prioritized. Strong IS partnership locally and regionally. Frequent communication and engagement with business teams, on process impacts of technical deployment. Manage and conduct steerco committees with India SLT to prioritize IT deliverables, and translate them into tangible action items of IT team members.
- Major Responsibility: People Management and Peer Collaborations
Supporting Actions: The leader will manage a team of 20-30 IT talent across India, plus contractors. Baseline/assess technical competencies across team members, and lay out a roadmap to staff required skillsets for the next 3 years, and possible outsourcing models. Recruit, Retain, and develop talent. Foster collaborative culture with peers and global COE teams.
End Results: People management. Talent Development. Skillset baseline. Upskill if required. Mentor/Coach team members. Collaborative culture and trust.
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
- BS in computer science, mathematics, CIS/Information Systems, or related field, with 15+ years of experience in country-wide or region-wide IT/technology management experience, 8+ years in people management and talent development, 8+ years in enterprise system deployment, infrastructure/IT Ops, and software development, and 6+ years in strategic planning and business partnership.
- Proven leadership in building both short-term and long-term IS capabilities and competencies, to support country growing demands
- Proven leadership and experience in large enterprise system deployment
- Proven leadership in partnering with senior leaders as well as all levels of employees. Ability to map out employee journey based on persona-needs/wants
- Proven leadership and management experience in day-to-day IT operations, including sites, employees, assets, etc.
- Provide guidance to team members, plan and manage country IT budget (Op Plan and Actual), and manage and deliver both global and India programs
- Technical competent and experience in infra/network/server domain, agile software development, cloud (AWS, Azure), middleware, database
- Establish processes and guidance for India country digitization intake, prioritization
- Seasoned experience in matrixed management organizations with proven ability to manage and drive implementation and change
- Experienced in managing IT budget including capex and opex management, and contract negotiation.
- Ability to manage team members remotely
- Ability to recruit, retain, and develop talent, as well as manage contractors
- Ability to manage business pressure, while delivering solid software products and services to end users
- Strong leadership, solid communication skills, and clear thinker
- Strong management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Lean certified would be a plus
- Willing to travel up to 20%, when needed
- Strategic and Global Mindset
- Team Work, and Motivation
- Build Trust
- Collaboration and Influence
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Strong executive presence with outstanding communication skills (verbal and written) and strong business acumen
- S/he must have the requisite leadership, business acumen and technical depth and breadth
- Technical competent