Ingram Micro's mission is to help businesses fully realize the promise of technology. No other company delivers the full spectrum and scale of global technology to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro's global infrastructure and deep expertise in platform technology, cloud, and mobility enable our customers to operate efficiently and successfully in an increasingly digital economy. We are a master cloud service provider (mCSP), empowering organizations to configure, provision, and manage cloud technologies confidently and efficiently.
We need an experienced Director of Technology Services to lead our global delivery team. With a worldwide customer base and Ingram Micro Cloud exceeding 20 marketplaces supporting 47 countries, we need a go-getter to drive engineering and operational activities with a strong focus on quality, efficiency, SLA, and on-time delivery. The Director of Technology Services will be responsible for driving services programs and platform enhancements for both internal and external customers of Ingram Micro Cloud, supporting the business's growth, and scaling and driving revenue.
Do you have a strong technical background in Cloud services engineering? Are you able to lead, evaluate and work closely building and operating billion-dollar marketplaces? Do you have experience hiring, managing, motivating, and mentoring teams? If so, join our growing team to support a hyperscale digital platform.
Our ideal candidate fits this profile:
- You're a results-oriented "doer" who gets things done.
- You're a leader with a positive, enthusiastic personality, skilled at influencing and motivating others.
- You're a creative systems builder adept at crafting self-managing, scalable processes.
- You have high integrity—you do what you say you'll do.
- You have a growth mindset. You seek to learn and grow professionally continuously. You're constantly figuring out how to do things better.
- You're meticulous, and you set a high-quality standard.
- You're influential and drive change to gain operational efficiencies
- You are data-driven with a focus on establishing critical KPIs & metrics
- Most of all, you have a highly energized entrepreneurial spirit, and you're committed to growing the business.
- Working with the sales and business operations team, define and support the vision and roadmap, including development enhancements, deployment, competitive analysis, go-to-market strategies, and service, encompassing the entire product and service lifecycles, from initial definition through discontinuance.
- Support attaining the business, financial, marketing, sales, and service goals of the Managed Services Solutions portfolio globally through close collaboration with sales, marketing, engineering, and product., including ensuring each new connector, application, and service is launched on time and with quality.
- Evangelize the Managed Services Solutions portfolio internally and externally to create marketing, sales, and channel provider momentum, leading to increased revenues and greater adoption of all solutions offered. As an external-facing evangelist for Managed Services, you will be an acknowledged industry conference speaker. You will attend industry conferences to present the Ingram Micro Cloud Services vision to the global cloud community.
- Manage the governance of the solutions roadmap and proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet commercial goals. Prioritize well, communicate clearly and exhibit judgment to make tradeoffs.
- Collaborate closely with engineering & product management to define, document, and prioritize the requirements and make clear decisions to provide engineering with direction and ensure the roadmap and business results delivery.
- Work with Product Managers and Sales to identify, monitor, and analyze internal performance metrics (e.g., revenue, profitability, customer base, ROI, marketing costs) and external metrics (e.g., market perception, market share, competition) to reposition, modify, and identify new ways to sell, market, and grow the solutions portfolio.
- Understand competitors' positioning and strategies and develop competitive strategies, solutions, and positioning to ensure success in all market segments served.
- Work with the product, sales, and marketing team to execute go-to-market plans, including pricing and training to ensure the solution's success by customer interaction, market research, competitive analysis, and close partnership with the regional sales teams.
- Develop Objectives and Key Results that support the company's strategic short- and long-term goals.
- Provide input to the strategic direction of Commerce & Connect Platforms, directly influencing the business direction in new and existing products and systems and any potential integration expansion efforts.
- Manage and report on the status of key initiatives, performance against planned objectives, future strategic directions, and the associated effect on expenses.
- Coordinate and drive the business relationship with key internal partners and significant external partners.
- Maintain project controls that accurately reflect completed work against project plans, schedules, and budgets, ensuring user/management involvement at appropriate milestones.
- Direct the development and implementation of policies, regulations, and programs that support the growth of efficient delivery of products and features.
- Direct the development and reporting of performance metrics and activities for continuous improvement of Platform Operations.
- Prepare and review budgets for business plans that ensure maximum value to the company and operate areas of responsibility within approved staffing and financial parameters
- Conduct performance reviews and evaluations and work with team members to set goals.
Education and experience required:
- Minimum 10 years work experience, with extensive prior experience in Managed Services, Cloud, and Enterprise Platform technologies.
- Broad, overall systems and software knowledge required, with significant technical depth in SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, DaaS models, cloud-based applications, modern virtualized infrastructures.
- Industry vertical solutions experience is highly regarded.
- Strong communication & public speaking skills required (C-level and senior executives).
- Strong technical program management and coordination experience required.
- Experience generating a broad range of technical collateral such as whitepapers, best practices guides, presentations, and training materials.
- Good technical knowledge and the ability to work closely with product managers and software engineers are strongly preferred.
Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with strong attention to detail. Must have the ability and preference to make data-driven decisions, use structured frameworks, and break down a problem into logical components. The ability to synthesize a coherent analysis and recommendation from multiple data sources that may be incomplete or ambiguous is required.
- Effective, persuasive communicator; ability to present a compelling business case to multiple internal and external constituencies.
- A relentless drive for results-oriented success; must have a strong drive to win and achieve exceptional results that reflect your passion for exceeding expectations and goals; while achieving high standards for quality of work and detail. Very strong focus on achieving business results instead of just completing tasks and responsibilities.
- A driven, experienced team leader who will lead a team of 100+ associates. This role will also build and hire the team in response to business and market demands. Must have the passion for leading and optimize teams, upping the team's "game" and see initiatives through, from start to finish. Strong team player.
- Managerial and operational excellence; someone who can design, build, optimize and execute the process and systems required to deliver a highly tuned and scalable Platform. Strong understanding of the processes and best practices needed to successfully execute the Platform Solutions management function in a large company to simplify and streamline the process within a smaller team whenever possible.
- Strong project management and organizational skills. Strong individual performance capabilities to perform hands-on execution of the strategy and plan. Impeccable follow-up and expectations management.
- Entrepreneurial; flexible and resourceful, with a figure-it-out-and-get-it-done mentality; not afraid to take calculated risks, make measured mistakes, and course-correct. Ability to successfully deal with ambiguity and embrace challenges. Self-starter, self-managing, very action-oriented, very results-oriented. Ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment and business landscape.
- Expertise in leading, defining, and managing complex solutions portfolios and globally scalable platforms for internal and external customers.
- The ability to synthesize customer needs and competitive insights into a solutions plan and create buy-in for the solutions roadmap vision internally and with key external partners. Proven experience in working with a team of product managers to accomplish this is preferred.
- Experience managing an entire solution lifecycle to commercialize solutions, from writing requirements including Product Requirements Documents (PRDs) to defining a record plan, including cross-functional collaboration including Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Finance, and Operations.
- Polished presence and strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated self-confidence, gravitas, and a certain level of intensity to effectively represent the solutions internally and externally with customers, and partners
- Passion and positive attitude; must have a strong, optimistic passion for the team's vision. Exhibit a very positive, optimistic, "can do" attitude. Have great pride and enthusiasm in the solutions management role within the team. Show excitement and passion in one's work. Must believe that we can make a huge difference in the company and the world.
- Excellent track record of leading globally based Platform Solutions teams
- Project management and cross-functional leadership expertise
- Exceptional communication, collaboration, and the ability to lead teams to extraordinary accomplishments
- Experience in all phases of the product cycle - from conception to delivery
- A track record of successfully delivering products to the market
Join us in our continuous quest to grow a diverse and extraordinarily innovative team. We look forward to working with you!
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
Managed Services/CPO/CMO/CSO/CSE/Cloud IT