Shift Manager Daventry
Daventry, NTH, United Kingdom
Job ID: 46827
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 64 countries and more than 35,000 associates. Position Summary:
SCOPE & PURPOSE:
- To lead, manage and motivate a team of OPL’s to achieve business goals; through focusing on continuous improvement, quality and attention to detail.
- To plan and manage customer requirements whilst focusing on financial targets and staff development & optimising the service.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES (CONSISTENT WITH THE COMPETENCY FRAMEWORK):
- Manage and plan for operational requirements against forecast and demand.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to resolve problems and maintain partnership relationships.
- Centralise the planning for the warehouse operational activities.
- Maintain all aspects of stock integrity and ensure ownership of activities and resolutions.
- Ensure operating procedures and processes meet quality requirements and support performance improvement objectives; considering the need to respond to volume fluctuations and changes in business and customer needs.
- Provide holiday cover for Senior Operations Manager.
- Maintain and ensure all company policies are adhered to and be responsible for your teams to do the same.
- Ensure health and safety standards are achieved on an on-going basis and actively promote individual responsibility for health and safety.
- Model activities during peak to identify operation capacity for loading bays, storage, MHE, IT equipment and other key critical items.
- Work with the Client Services team to resolve client escalations. Be the main point of contact to find solutions for client issues both on a daily basis and longer term.
- To proactively identify and lead initiatives to drive continuous improvement within own department and projects assigned to the role holder.
- Ensuring systemic housekeeping checks are in place so that the team have a sign off to manage any manual intervention.
- Produce daily & weekly operational labour plans.
- Produce weekly business reviews.
- Produce the Peak Plan for the site. Preparing the operation for the seasonal uplift in volume.
- Lead continuous improvement activities for the site.
- Produce detailed business cases to justify changes. Using tools to help build your case such as process flows, return on investments, SOWT and cost benefit analysis.
- Lead a team of first line managers to ensure they are effective leaders and act in line with policy, employment law regulations and leadership fundamentals.
- Recruit exceptional people into the business and then develop colleagues through, using succession planning for the future.
- To proactively identify areas for team and individual performance improvement and then to coach and lead the team and individuals to improve performance. Ensuring root cause always takes place.