Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The BE&O mission and strategyfocuses on short term projects with clear scope, clear deliverables and business ownership. Via process optimization, automationand governance, BE&O facilitates real value, measured in hours or cost reduction on behalf of the businesswhile driving long term adoption.
About Operational Support Team
The Operational Support team delivers solutions and expertise that address real business challenges allowing the organization to achieve strategic goals and exceed expectations. They provides a flexible solution to resource volatility without inline OpEx in any USTS business unit – preventing business disruption and supporting tasks such as handling customer inquiries and transactions, resolving basic to complex support issues with the customer, vendor and associate team members while delivering outstanding customer experience.
- Liaison between the business/end users and IT systems development teams for business needs requiring IT based solutions
- Identifying and analyzing business needs
- Conducting requirements gathering, and defining scope and objectives
- Making recommendations for solutions or improvements to business processes that can be accomplished through new technology or alternative uses of existing technology
- Researching business requirements and documenting the relationships between the components of the application system (i.e., end users, business processes, data, applications, and devices).
- Translating business requirements into application requirements.
- Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Assess available technologies to create development specifications as well as detailed test cases.
- Assist with testing to analyze results. May play a key role in training employees on application, database, and operating systems.
- Position reports into the user group.
What you bring to the role:
- Entry-level professional individual contributor on a project or work team.
- Work is closely supervised.
- Problems faced are not typically difficult or complex.
- Explains facts, policies and practices related to job area.
- Works on projects of limited scope and complexity.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Uses company standard policies and procedures to resolve issues in which answers can be readily obtained.
- Work is reviewed regularly by supervisor or more senior peers.
- Requires broad theoretical knowledge typically acquired from advanced education.
Some key qualifications we look for:
- Knowledge of Ingram Micro sales systems and tools such as Impulse, IM360, Zendesk and others
- Willingness to embrace change and assist multiple teams across the USTS business as business conditions dictate
- Identify and analyze critical data points enabling teams with non-compliant SLAs to move toward compliancy
- Ability to identify gaps in processes and procedures causing operational inefficiencies
- Adept at making recommendations to address gaps in process and procedures resulting in positive, tangible, business outcomes
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.