Sr. Associate, Technical Support-PHL
Taguig City, Philippines
Job ID: 46920
.Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions.
With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012. Position Summary:
What you bring to the role:
- Working in a technical support facility or call center, incumbents ensure that customers receive the highest quality hot-line technical support.
- Responds to customer service inquiries regarding company products, features and/or services.
- Researches, documents and communicates recurring technical issues.
- Facilitates and coordinates Returned Material Authorization (RMA) as necessary.
- Will provide multiple levels of escalated support based on the complexity of the technical issue.
- Will refer problems of an unusual or complex, nature to university degreed engineers/Technical Solutions Professional.
- Associates in this job have technical knowledge typically acquired from a technical certification or Company training programs.
- Professionals levels typically have a university education in an engineering specialty.
- Provides engineering support to customers, customer support personnel and field support staff on systems and product issues.
- Works with customer and company personnel to define technical problem, determine the solution and assist customer in implementing the fix.
- May be called on-site to assist in complex technical solutions. Creates tests, tools, and diagnostic procedures for use by product support personnel.
- May quality check technical product documentation.
- Recognized skilled specialist in job area.
- May be responsible for leading daily operations.
- May train, delegate and review the work of lower level employees.
- Problems typically are not routine and require analysis, judgment and initiative.
- Makes minor adjustments and enhancements to working methods to improve effectiveness of area.
- Provides administrative or technical support at a specialist level. Incumbents are highly proficient in a broad range of activities related to their job.
- May act as a lead or mentor to more junior technical or administrative support personnel.
- Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
- Makes recommendations for new procedures. Incumbents independently perform a wide range of complex duties under general guidance from supervisors.
- Known in the department/group as the “knowledge base” of information.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Often acts as a facilitator and team leader.
- Two year college degree or equivalent experience and minimum five years’ functional experience. OR HS diploma or equivalent and a minimum 8 years of functional including 4 years position specific experience.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.