Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
Seeking an IT Audit Senior who will be an exceptional addition to our team. The Internal Audit team’s primary mission is to provide independent, objective assurance, and advisory services to assist management in maintaining compliance with industry regulations, mitigating risk, and achieving operational excellence. Thus, the IT Audit Senior conducts audits of information resources across the Ingram Micro environment to evaluate the adequacy of internal controls and to develop recommendations for improvement. This position is based in our Irvine, CA., office.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Effectively perform and document audit activities in accordance with professional standards and the Internal Audit Department’s audit methodology.
- Assist with the SOX compliance audit program, including walkthroughs, IT general control (ITGC), IT application control (ITAC), and key report testing.
- Assist with the SOX compliance program to ensure efficient execution and effective collaboration with external auditors.
- Perform walkthroughs to understand the control objectives, risks and controls associated to the process area under review.
- Create process narratives, flow-charts, document key controls, and test assigned key controls to reflect processes are designed and operating effectively.
- Develop and/or review audit comments to ensure that they are properly composed, comply with materiality guidelines and that the recommendations are relevant and practical. Ensure that all possible audit comments are provided to the audit customer as they are developed and management responses are received prior to the exit meeting.
- Use problem solving and critical thinking skills to quickly identify internal control deficiencies, evaluate their risk implications, and draw the appropriate conclusions.
- Prepare the discussion draft of the audit report and submit the draft to the Audit Supervisor for review comments, approval and distribution to the audit customers.
- Upon completion of audit field work, review the electronic work paper files to determine completeness and compliance with quality assurance standards. Resolve any outstanding questions/issues related to the audit.
- Track and monitor management’s action plans against agreed upon timelines directly with the IT/Business owners.
- Take responsibility to develop own personal and professional leadership skills and capabilities.
- Must possess strong organizational and verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in use of data analytics, visualization and reporting is highly desirable (e.g. Tableau, ACL, Alteryx).
- Ability to think “outside the box” and evaluate processes to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Knowledgeable in and prior audit experience in auditing Cyber/Information Security controls, Data Protection controls (DLP, Encryption technology, etc.), IT related Privacy Laws and Regulations (e.g., GDPR, CCPA, etc.), SQL/Oracle Database, Active Directory, Cloud Computing (Azure), Microsoft Active Directory, Malware, Asset Management, etc.
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail.
- Ability to travel 30%.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology/Computer Science, Finance, Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum 3-4 years of IT audit experience or related experience.
- CISA, CIA, CISSP, CISM, CPA, or equivalent professional certification strongly preferred.
- Must have leadership ability, have initiative and be resourceful.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing and you may not perform all of these duties. Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.