IoT Solution Architect
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Job ID: 47009
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future.
IoT Solution Architect
IoT is the convergence of information and operation technology. As such, the IoT Architect candidate is a hybrid role and the individual must possess both IoT technical experiences as well strong business skills. In addition to developing IoT solution for various verticals, the ideal candidate must be highly agile and be able to have both IoT conversation with both business and technical leaders.
- Working with the IoT Team to design develops and support IoT solutions for different verticals.
- Design, develop, prototype IoT solutions and deliver Proof of Concepts for new and emerging markets
- The IoT Architect will provide research, knowledge, build use cases, validate and deliver IoT solutions.
- Build and maintain a library of use cases and reference architectures that can be leveraged by partners and the team
- The successful candidate must be able to work closely with his/her team to understand and deliver complete systems to address business and technology challenges.
- Lead and support IoT technology solutions that meet or exceed customer requirements
- Evaluate business solution pricing, data management, applications, hardware, and infrastructure requirements
- Document best practices and methodology
- Work with sales and channel team to develop sales methodology and best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical, computer or similar engineering degree
- Strong background in process, control, and automation
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on experience in designing, developing, and delivering end-to-end solutions
- Solid understanding of the entire IoT technology stack including sensors, gateways, protocol, security, cloud, application development, big data, M2M protocols
- Exposure to working in various verticals
- Self-driven individual, able to initiate and develop relationships both internally and externally
- Strong presentation and communication skills
Due to COVID-19, our office associates are currently working from home. Keeping in mind the overall health and safety of our associates and candidates, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely
Ingram Micro is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer, with a focus on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Specialist/Job Poster and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. We will try our best to make these accommodations. Please do not include any medical or health information in this email.