Job Title:IaaS Development Specialist
Reports to:Vendor Cloud Manager
Ingram Micro is changing how business is done in the cloud. Ingram Micro Cloud is a master cloud service provider (mCSP), offering channel partners and professionals access to a global marketplace, expertise, solutions and enablement programs that empower organizations to configure, provision and manage cloud technologies with confidence and ease.
The IaaS Development Specialist has overall responsibility for achieving the sales and profit targets for multiple strategic, specialized cloud IaaS vendors (e.g. Azure, AWS…) and for creating the highest return for both Ingram Micro Cloud and the vendor. This role will be accountable for managing the day-to-day and strategic operations of the assigned vendor portfolio, including the management of their cloud offering, budgeting and planning, and implementation of the different incentive channel activities liaising with the Vendor Marketing and Cloud Operations teams. Of specific responsibility, is the maintenance, renewal and application of the terms and conditions, and beneficial outcomes of the contract with vendors including rebates & co-op dollars, special partner pricing and promo collections.
Reporting to the Vendor Cloud Manager, the IaaS Development Specialist will work with IMC vendor marketing team members to promote both Ingram Micro Cloud and specialized vendor’s events, webinars and supplier approved activities for partners. This role will liaise with the sales and pre-sales team members to educate them on product/solution sales and sales plays in line with Ingram Micro Cloud strategy.
- Owns the strategy for IaaS vendors solutions for Ingram Micro Cloud as well as for our vendor partners using our platform technology to offer cloud solutions
- Interacts regularly and conducts meetings with all levels of the vendor, ensuring business relations are of the highest order, and engagement is proactive so that performance is monitored, and new initiatives can be introduced
- Evangelize specialized IaaS vendors to Ingram Micro Cloud ecosystem on the business opportunity and integration requirements while influencing vendors in elaborating their channel programs with us
- Support and enable new strategic for new IaaS vendors to join Ingram Micro Cloud ecosystem during each phase of the onboarding process: T&C’s negotiation, contract, business plan, education on the technology, SKU setup and CMP readiness among others.
- Own internal, standardized forecasting and business planning with assigned vendors that achieve agreed revenue targets and generate the planned profit outcomes
- Daily management of vendor cloud products and services including budgeting and annual business plans, portfolio selection, price lists and margin, T&C's negotiation, vendor escalations in regard to receivables and rebates
- Be responsible to recruit and define new strategic vendor go-to-market strategies with our partners that enable greater adoption of their IaaS products and services. This includes identifying key emerging vendor partners to recruit and driving deeper product/services integration between our partner’s products and Ingram Micro Cloud CMP
- Works with Marketing and Cloud Operations team members to develop targeted campaigns supported by vendor co-op funding resulting in product line growth and profitability
- Provides direction, development and support to ensure the sales team is performing at optimum levels for the relevant product groups. This will require a close working relationship with the cloud sales and pre-sales teams in coordination with the Cloud Leader or Sales Director
- Measurement and maintenance of critical product group performance data in order to ensure that Ingram Micro meets its vendor commitments and fully leverages all commercial opportunities for rebates and other vendor investment initiatives
- Enable sales for resellers and local sales teams, queries and incidents, support cloud vendor SKUs, offers and associated products/services in CMP; resolving transaction issues with vendor, maintain pricing, and assisting with improvements
- Ad-hoc operational updates relating to vendor (i.e. cut off dates for month/ quarter end), assist on AP issues including orders on hold and payment authorizations
- Stay in close contact with IMC platform management, senior management, services and sales to discuss new or changing customer needs
- Other duties and specific projects and plans linked to IaaS business in order to lead and coordinate with vendor and IM teams as assigned by manager
- Support Partner in AWS dealing with billing questions and issues connected with AWS and Finance team. Also improving the AWS process teaching sales team and resellers in order to mitigate risks and improve the productivity, optimizing the business and resources.
Qualification and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant additional experience in related field.
- 2+ years of product management IT market or vendor relationship experience required
- High English level
Key Skills and attributes:
- Base knowledge of different cloud offerings (i.e. PaaS, IaaS), go-to-market programs and licensing models
- Experience in product management for IT distribution
- Sales skills with customer focus oriented
- Attention to details, time management skills, organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member cooperating with others, keeping them informed about her/his area and vendors while sharing knowledge and best practices
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-function, high-pressure environment
- Adheres to Ingram core values of Teamwork, Respect and Accountability, treating others with the highest degree of dignity, equality and trust working together to meet our common objectives
- Ability to understand, create and manipulate financial data and budgeting spreadsheets