Technical Product Manager - MultiCloud
Irvine, CA, United States
Job ID: 45773
Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
Ingram Micro Cloud is the world’s #1 source for cloud solutions. Global cloud consumers and providers count on Ingram Micro Cloud to buy and sell leading technology and services—in one place. As a business unit of Ingram Micro, Ingram Micro Cloud powers the world’s largest cloud marketplace. We’re committed to helping our partners accelerate their digital business success—by leveraging our hyperscale platform technology, infinite ecosystem of cloud solutions from tech innovators, and go-to-market support and resources to speed adoption and growth. With proven expertise in SaaS, IaaS, IoT, security and XaaS technologies, we invite visionaries to join our team and make an impact on this fast-growing industry.
What you bring to the role
- Responsible for product planning and market research activities designed to increase product sales growth and expand market share.
- Owner of in-house development, delivery, and client adoption of cloud software products with a worldwide footprint.
- Prove the viability of novel requirements with a citizen developer mindset.
- Professionally challenge and guide engineering teams using self-prepared proofs-of-concepts, prototypes, research, and/or code development.
- Accountable for aggressive time-to-market goals of cloud providers and customers, for product fitness for purpose in numerous cloud environments and scenarios, and for quality with exceptionally minimal bugs, defects, and escalations.
- Evaluates and adjust strategies to respond to changing and/or competitive markets.
- Take ownership of a business span of accountability, self-develop, and utilize key performance indicators to measure success, re-vector quickly and as often as markets dictate in order to keep at the forefront.
- Consistent reporting of progress of strategic imperatives, using quantitative measures, surfaced business intelligence, and qualified statements of expertise.
- Identify and maintain relationships with leaders and executives in product partners, third-party vendors, and internal organizations who are key to success.
- For complex challenges, bring forward novel solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with business area objectives.
- Internally recognized technical or business change agent. Uses a sense of continuous improvement and curiosity to integrate market research and emerging technologies into company product platforms.
- Improve on existing processes and practices with every use iteration. Apply a broad perspective to provide innovative solutions to a variety of complex issues.
- Possesses a highly specialized level of technical expertise or business acumen. Extensive breadth and depth of knowledge arrived through exposure to emerging technological advancements or complex business situations.
- Four-year college degree (or additional relevant experience in a related field).
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience as a Technical Product Manager
- Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) experience with a strong focus on Amazon Web Services (AWS) ), with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Microsoft Azure as a plus.
- Experience gathering technical requirements, writing Business & Market Requirements Documents to be used by multiple audiences.
- Experience defining use cases and developing optimal customer journeys. Use case definition using Visio and\or UML. Utilizing Agile and JIRA for project management and tracking.
- A strong background in software development lifecycle and engineering.
- Demonstrated experience with SDKs and API management, with emphasis on commerce platforms.
- Some experience in programming with APIs using contemporary languages.
- Customer focus and good English communicating skills.
- To be a US Citizen or have a US security clearance
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.