Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
*This position is in the Williamsville, New York office and has the opportunity for hybrid work with up to three days remote per week.
This position is responsible for modifying and managing the Information Technology (IT) systems within a Global Infrastructure Organization.
This position will also be responsible for working with ATOS personnel, application teams and vendor support personnel as and when required to do so.
The position will include the following functions:
- Day to day operations
- Design, develop, and implement system modifications within the infrastructure environment
- Participate in existing on-call support model
- Monitor and modify systems for tuning and efficiency
- Contribute in upgrades to system software
- Working with ATOS to ensure proper monitoring and reporting
- Application & Infrastructure maintenance
- Working with other GIO and application teams during planned network / node or application maintenance outages
- Provide support as needed for restart / recovery from unplanned application outages.
- On-going preventative maintenance
- Identify requirements for service improvements and provide implementation of same
- Provide support as needed for hardware/software upgrades/maintenance
- Communicate project details and status to Team Lead, Management, ATOS, and other groups in both oral and written forms
What you bring to the role:
- A undergraduate degree in Technology, Business or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Expresses ideas and suggestions in an organized and concise manner.
- Solicits and readily accepts constructive feedback.
- Ability to speak at industry events representing Ingram Micro
- Presents feedback to others in a tactful manner.
- Addresses conflict directly, confidentially, and appropriately.
- Produce documents that discuss both the conceptual and tactical implementations of technology.
- Communicates at a level (verbal or written) appropriate for the audience. Audience will vary from line-level technical associates to executive management.
- Maintains composure when addressing an adversarial or hostile audience.
- Capable of doing presentations to small groups of people.
- Capable of effective communications with people of other nationalities and cultures. Effectively adjusts to meet their local affinities.
- Researches and collects appropriate data points for effective decision making.
- Readily makes recommendations and includes necessary documentation and material to support conclusions.
- Decisions are in-line with corporate and department strategies and objectives
- Understands extent of decision making authority and exercises good judgment when working with internal and external parties
Develops Innovative Practices
- Identifies new ways to use technology to improve work processes.
- Makes a significant contribution to improving work quality.
- Recognizes when it is appropriate to challenge the status quo and when it is not.
- Considers the possible outcomes and corresponding consequences when taking risks.
- Identifies and implements unique solutions to problems without prompting from others.
- Tries a new approach to a problem when the initial approach fails.
Works as a Team Member
- Ability to work with global teams.
- Supports team decisions to implement changes, suggestions, improvements, and solutions.
- Encourages and supports the exploration and application of best practices
- Offers assistance to others and shares information regardless of personal likes or dislikes.
- Enthusiastically participates in cross-functional efforts.
- Individual views himself/herself as a resource to the entire department/company and avails himself/herself accordingly.
Acts with Integrity & Respect
- Prevents personal conflicts from interfering with his/her objectivity.
- Consistently arrives on time for meetings and appointments.
- Accepts responsibility for the results of his/her decisions and actions.
- Behaves in a way that is consistent with Ingram Micro’s values.
- Effectively plans and communicates needs for resources to ensure goals are met.
- Invests in teaching others tasks rather than assuming personal responsibility for the tasks.
- Takes time to thoroughly explain a task or process when training others.
- Breaks down complex tasks into simpler steps that others can more easily follow.
- Follows up to ensure that major implementation milestones are met.
- Applies his/her knowledge to areas of responsibility outside the functional group.
- Able to manage and oversee without being confrontational
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Solves complex problems where development of new solutions, methods, and systems will result in a major impact on the department’s overall success.
- Analyzes problems quickly and develops business solutions to complex problems.
- Ability and availability to provide on-call support on nights and weekends for production incident remediation.
- Implements recommendations and see task assignments and see projects through to completion.
- Performs efficient and effective analysis and complete task level activities.
- Analyzes current methods and procedures, recommend and implement improvements.
- Communicates effectively by telephone and in group meetings and discussions. Provides and receives information accurately.
- Daily sitting, focusing on and operating a personal computer or terminal keyboard for over 60 minutes at a time.
- Communicates by telephone for up to 120 minutes at a time on a daily basis.
- Writes using pen/pencil or personal computer keyboard for up to 30 minutes at a time on a daily basis.
- Communicates and is understood by others.
- Reads printed words and numbers in printed form and on computer/terminal monitor.
- Distinguishes objects or symbols at 20 feet or more and 20 inches or less.
- Ability to travel by air.
- Ability to shift work schedule as necessary to accommodate the regions
Please be prepared to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.