Sr. Professional, Project Management-IND
Mumbai, MH, India
Job ID: 46131
Program Manager - Agile Teams
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully Realize the Promise of Technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future.
Our challenge is to use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, and/or update complex and extremely powerful systems. Our customers and partners need applications that enable them to easily operate and expand their businesses. Ingram Micro is a $50B revenue a year company, with $5B of that revenue going through our team's eCommerce web site.
Ingram Micro is seeking experienced agile professionals who can leverage their experience to lead teams with a lean-agile mindset. They must be a quick learner and love challenging themselves to constantly raise the bar. This opportunity requires strong problem-solving skills, an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication as they deliver efficient, well designed, and tested software for a positive user experience. Innovative thinking and well-designed products with an emphasis on performance are a necessity to give our customers the best experience possible.
Key Job Functions/Requirements
- Lead up to three agile teams to support the delivery of Ingram Micro’s eCommerce road map.
- Schedule and host all Agile events such as sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews/demos and retrospectives for the respective teams.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders, product owners and other program managers to facilitate cadenced based planning system.
- Identify trends that affect the teams ability to deliver predictably.
- Prioritize improvement opportunities to enhance the teams performance.
- Share metrics that articulate planning progress and demonstrate program execution.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Delivery Leaders to maintain alignment toward program milestones.
- Coach the team on agile best practices to improve predictability.
- Curate internal training content and process documentation to keep teams aligned on standard operating procedures, guardrails and best practices.
- Monitor dependencies and risks to ensure timely resolution and/or escalation to reduce bottlenecks and maintain steady flow of work
- May take on Atlassian administration tasks such as user management.
- Participate in leadership discussions with an agile perspective and data to help maintain objective and data driven solutioning.
- May take on management responsibilities to support team of agile specialists.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Experience with Agile Management Tools (i.e. Confluence, JIRA, VersionOne)
- Experience with SCM including branching and merging
- Experience with Engineering and Implementing enterprise level software applications
- Experience with leading engineering teams
- Familiar with basic networking and infrastructure
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least 2-3 years for a software development team
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
- Scrum Master Certification (Preferable)