*Senior Professional, Project Management
Mumbai, MH, India
Job ID: 46131
Program Manager - Agile Teams
Our challenge is to use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, and/or update complex and extremely powerful systems. Our customers and partners need applications that enable them to easily operate and expand their businesses. Ingram Micro is a $50B revenue a year company, with $5B of that revenue going through our team's eCommerce web site.
Ingram Micro is seeking experienced agile professionals who can leverage their experience to lead teams with a lean-agile mindset. They must be a quick learner and love challenging themselves to constantly raise the bar. This opportunity requires strong problem-solving skills, an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication as they deliver efficient, well designed, and tested software for a positive user experience. Innovative thinking and well-designed products with an emphasis on performance are a necessity to give our customers the best experience possible.
Key Job Functions/Requirements
- Lead up to three agile teams to support the delivery of Ingram Micro’s eCommerce road map.
- Schedule and host all Agile events such as sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews/demos and retrospectives for the respective teams.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders, product owners and other program managers to facilitate cadenced based planning system.
- Identify trends that affect the teams ability to deliver predictably.
- Prioritize improvement opportunities to enhance the teams performance.
- Share metrics that articulate planning progress and demonstrate program execution.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Delivery Leaders to maintain alignment toward program milestones.
- Coach the team on agile best practices to improve predictability.
- Curate internal training content and process documentation to keep teams aligned on standard operating procedures, guardrails and best practices.
- Monitor dependencies and risks to ensure timely resolution and/or escalation to reduce bottlenecks and maintain steady flow of work
- May take on Atlassian administration tasks such as user management.
- Participate in leadership discussions with an agile perspective and data to help maintain objective and data driven solutioning.
- May take on management responsibilities to support team of agile specialists.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Experience with Agile Management Tools (i.e. Confluence, JIRA, VersionOne)
- Experience with SCM including branching and merging
- Experience with Engineering and Implementing enterprise level software applications
- Experience with leading engineering teams
- Familiar with basic networking and infrastructure
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least 2-3 years for a software development team
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
- Scrum Master Certification (Preferable)