Professional, ERP Applications (ETL)
Taguig City, Philippines
Job ID: 46934
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Primary focus will be combined effort on data warehouse management, optimization, and administration. Perform ETL on data from various static and dynamic sources into the data warehouse. Maintain development, test, and production environments. Expand and provide sustained support of the system architecture. Provide data integration services: acquire, cleanse, merge, validate, visualize and mine. Capture business rules and create design documents and documentation to meet user requirements. Be the subject matter expert on your projects and work to integrate data inputs and outputs into custom built tools/applications. Collaborate with our technology partners, analytical consultants, stakeholders and SMEs across various initiatives, platforms, and Business Units.
- Understand and assist in the development of reporting in order to allow staff to align and track against overall business strategies, goals and objectives, drive innovation, insight and decision making, with primary emphasis on ETL and Enterprise Data Warehousing Architecture.
- Assist with EDW solutions and work with EDW technologies to come up with plans that best support the business/organization.
- Support internal platforms; design, develop and deploy all components of the EDW structure as directed for planned and ad-hoc requests.
- Use of Pentaho and WhereScape ETL Tools on a daily basis to perform job duties.
- Support business decisions with Ad-Hoc analysis and rotational on-call support as needed.
- Assist with implementation of data quality improvement processes and initiatives.
- Represents the BI team through interaction with business users to gather requirements.
- Collaborates with stakeholders and subject-matter experts to establish technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art/industry relevant tools, techniques, and equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations. Specific focus on Wherescape ELT/ETL using AWS Redshift and Microsoft BI Stack: SSRS, Visual Studio, Power BI.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics (or additional relevant experience in a related field such as data integration specialist for data warehouse, IS or BI environment). Minimum 5 years functional experience including a minimum of 3 years position specific experience.
- Experience gathering and processing raw data (structured/unstructured) at scale, including writing scripts, calling APIs, writing SQL queries on a variety of platforms, etc.
- Experience with ETL of static and dynamic data source into a data warehouse
- Knowledgeable in SQL (Oracle/SQL Server/Redshift) and Linux/UNIX.
- Competency in developing solutions for diverse and complex business problems
- Ability to work under pressure, adapt to changing environments, manage multiple large projects
- Proactive, initiative taker, possess ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- A collaborative working style and ability to work independently in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the activities you will be responsible for.