HazMat and Dangerous Goods Analyst
This job posting is no longer active.
Jonestown, PA, United States
Job ID: 47005
Description Ingram Micro
touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012. Position Summary:
- Responsible for analyzing the effectiveness of distribution systems. Conducts surveys and studies to assist in the selection of sites, size and product mixes for distribution centers and warehouses.
- Analyzes transportation modes and methods and makes recommendations for change as required.
- Collects, evaluates, analyzes and disseminates data. Develops and implements transportation programs to ensure the most reliable, cost effective movement of company products.
- Conducts and executes negotiations with transportation providers and international courier service providers on rates and services. What you bring to the role:
- Seasoned professional individual contributor.
- Works independently with limited supervision. May manager projects/processes.
- Coaches and reviews the work of lower level professionals.
- Problems faced are difficult and often complex.
- Influences others regarding policies, practices and procedures.
- Provides solutions to a variety of complex technical and business matters. Will champion significant projects, programs and business initiatives using demonstrated creativity and ingenuity.
- May assist more junior staff members with aspects of their job.
- Incumbents provide a leadership role for the work group through knowledge in his/her area of specialization.
- Generally free to determine work priorities based on general direction from managers. Specialist in technical or business skills.
- Individuals with a customer focus have developed the acumen to cultivate and develop lasting customer relations.
(Locations: Carol Stream, IL, Willamsville, NY, Jonestown, PA, Millington, TN, Mira Loma, CA, Jeffersonville, IN, Dallas/Fortth, TX)
- Four year college degree (or additional relevant experience in a related field).
- Minimum 5 years functional experience including a minimum of 3 years specific experience.
- Ability to make significant contribution to processes and systems
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law