Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
We are looking for an experienced Vice President for Digital Strategy & Transformation to take a lead role in driving Ingram Micro’s Digital Transformation initiative. This role will join our Chief Digital Officer’s leadership team to shape and drive the development and execution of our organization’s strategic initiatives, running the Digital Transformation Office Globally. This is an exciting opportunity to join the organization during the beginning of a pivotal key initiative to shape the future of our business as we move to a platform driven business model. With the software distribution industry changing with advent of cloud marketplaces, this role will be pivotal to shape the digital strategy for the company and also help to drive business model changes. This role will influence the strategic drivers, lead the execution of global digital initiatives, facilitate and partner cross-functionally within the company to ensure business critical outcomes are achieved and measured.
You will be responsible for overseeing and leading the transformational efforts through program managing a large, multi-year digital transformation initiative focused on modernizing our technology, business models processes and most importantly, our people-strategy.
Success in this role means:
- You are a servant leader, leading by example; you would never ask a team member to do anything you wouldn’t do yourself.
- You are hands-on and roll-up the sleeves kind of a leader who can both be a player and a coach.
- You are customer obsessed; driving customer loyalty through empathy and using customer feedback to establish department goals, while ensuring commitments are met.
- You are able to understand business models and map them to technology teams. You have an overall understanding of digital architecture and models.
- You focus on team development through recruitment, retention, and talent development strategies, hold employees accountable for results, and translate vision into action, lead change, and inspire people to get results.
- You can change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations, using influence and preventing damage to the relationship.
- You have proven and demonstrated thought leadership and innovation in the areas of technology strategy development, leading large cross-functional initiatives, operational excellence focused and passionate about continuous improvement.
- You enjoy and thrive working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while focused on ensuring your vision and approach is articulated and communicated clearly to those whom you are leading and influencing.
- Successful track record designing, developing and executing critical complex projects in more than one area of functional expertise.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at the senior management level across functional groups and business units.
- Deals with others in an honest manner, assures adherence to company policies, and addresses questionable business practices.
- Provides others with reliable information, delivers informative and persuasive presentations. Uses good listening skills and negotiates effectively.
- Lead and coordinate the development, formulation and communication of corporate digital strategies and objectives.
- Create and implement the strategy, roadmap, resourcing and business cases to drive and deliver one or more large transformation initiatives.
- Partner with business leaders to design, evaluate and advance their digital and technology strategies, ensuring alignment with corporate strategy.
- Support and drive the use of leading practices to execute complex initiatives spanning different large teams/ stakeholders and geographies (Agile, Product Mgmt, Design Thinking etc).
- Observe market trends and evolutions, monitors the organization's needs and performances against targets and evaluates potential issues in order to implement action plans.
- Coordinate and partner with cross-functional leadership teams to drive alignment and dependencies between different priorities.
- Participates in leading overall information technology strategic planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing information technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technology projects.
- Provides leadership for planning, developing, and implementing information technology initiatives.
- Provides operational and project direction to department managers and monitors performance against agreed upon objectives.
- Reviews and approves statement of work (SOWs), request for proposals (RFPs), licensing agreements and software renewals and has significant responsibility managing key vendors and working with procurement to support negotiations.
- Makes hiring and other employment decisions for senior level staff and managers; provides on-going performance feedback to team and input to hiring decisions in other departments.
What you bring to the role:
- 12+ years of directly related experience
- 10+ years program management experience
- 12+ years of experience managing large cross functional project teams
- 5+ years demonstrated experience leading a direct team
- Big 4 consulting experience a plus License or Certification
- PMP Certificate Preferred
- CSM (Certified Scrum Master) Preferred Degrees
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical competency (e.g., computer science, information systems, or engineering)
- Master of Business Administration or other advanced degree preferred
Management and Leadership Qualifications:
- Innovative thinker who remains flexible and maintains the ability to manage change among varied resources.
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills and the capability to lead to completion enterprise level initiatives.
- Proven track record of communication and ability to provide strategic insights into vision and storytelling for the business and the technology associates to drive common understanding, support and progress.
- Results-proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, experience and judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; and problem solving, project management and creative resourcefulness.
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan.
- Ability to connect both on an individual level and in large groups; capacity to enforce accountability, cultivate entrepreneurship and learn the strengths and weaknesses of the team to put people in a position to succeed.
- Commitment to ethical, accountable, and transparent leadership.
- Highly developed presentation, facilitation, and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Politically savvy collaborator and consensus builder with a track record of bringing people together around a common cause.
- Demonstrated experience as a leader with the ability to attract, recruit, and develop talent.
*Position may require travel, including international travel
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.