Senior Software Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Mumbai, MH, India
Job ID: 47139
We are looking for a Senior PHP Developer to join our IT department and build functional applications and websites.
Senior responsibilities include participating in the entire software development life cycle, debugging applications and supporting existing systems.
If you’re equally happy to roll up your sleeves to write code and review other team members’ work, we’d like to meet you.
- Gain a clear understanding of clients' businesses and requirements.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Writing and delivering correct and well-designed software components in PHP with MySQL-Zend framework/MONGO DB
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle and follow industry best practices.
- Writing comprehensive unit tests
- Working cooperatively in a team of engineers and program managers.
- Supporting the existing code base and diagnosing support issues.
- Participating in daily stand-up meetings.
Skills and experience:
- Must have at least 3+ years of experience in PHP.
- Applicant should be highly proficient in OOPs concepts.
- Knowledge of PHP frameworks like Laravel, Zend is preferred.
- Experience in jQuery, HTML, CSS is a must. Experience in Vue JS, Backbone JS, Bootstrap is preferred
- Strong experience developing/managing REST and SOAP-based Web Service API(s)
- Applicant must have strong MySQL experience
- Experience with Source Control tools like GIT / Bitbucket and Jira.
- Applicant should ideally be well versed in Agile and SCRUM methodologies.
- Knowledge of caching mechanism and experience with Redis, Memcache is added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience about queuing mechanism will be added advantage.
- Experience using virtual development environments like Vagrant, Docker etc. will be a plus.
- Should be able to deliver end results.
- Good communication skills.
Special requirements for support:
- Ability to work on support tickets besides development (applicable for morning and evening shifts only)
- Experience working in an SLA based production support system would be preferred.
- Experience in Agile – Kanban will be added advantage.