Strategic Sourcing Senior
Job ID: 47137
About Ingram Micro
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 64 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
Leads the management, identification and execution of projects to support the goals of Strategic Sourcing. Manages activities related to the hardware/software maintenance renewal process. This may include related activities with procurement, sourcing, supplier selection, product delivery specifications and quality. Develops and maintains working relationships with supply chain partners. Utilizes established purchasing processes and procedures for the organization. Evaluates technology needs and procures essential technology products. Ensures purchases remain within budget and on schedule. Collaborates with other departments to prioritize procurement needs. Develops and investigates supply sources, and issues requested proposals, quotations, or bids for those items not covered by any existing purchasing agreement. The role also includes day to day management of the department analytic tool, gathering ERP spend data and managing the upload and quarterly refresh of the tool. Also includes management and maintenance of department metrics.
- BA/BS Degree
- MBA (preferred)
- 3-5 years business experience
- Minimum 6 years functional experience including a minimum of 3 years specific experience
- Familiarity with working in a high-volume, highly dynamic rapid paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to make recommendations, gain agreement and implement solutions on behalf of a diverse organization
- A moderate to complex level of knowledge in:
- Spreadsheets - Excel - writing macros, developing formulas, using functions such as pivot and lookup tables
- Database - MS Access - multi-table queries, report generation, macros, forms
- Word Processing - MS Word
- Ability to work with intermediate to senior level internal associates.
- A moderate to complex level of financial analysis knowledge.
- Moderately complex modeling and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under moderate supervision and guidance at a moderately stable pace.
- Advanced level oral and written English
Required Skills Include
- Level of management oversight: Little
- Financial analysis including advanced excel skills, ability to assess supplier proposals and understanding of supplier cost structure utilizing cost analysis.
- Knowledge of RFI, RFQ, RFP processes and requirements
- Development and execution of negotiation strategy
- Advanced project management skills including the ability to assess required resources and critical path timeline
- Ability to assess suppliers against their contractual commitments and develop performance improvement plans for those not meeting commitments
- Ability to lead a cross functional team
- Change management skills
- Ability to interface and make proposals to executive leadership