Derive business relevant insights within a horizontal organization (working with multiple stakeholders)/able to understand and solve the business problem by translating into a data model and building insights into an actionable outcome.
Develops and analyzes data models that generate knowledge into the project owner’s business objectives. Utilizes reports of findings and creates appropriate materials to communicate the findings. He or she will maintain a broad understanding of Ingram Micro’s business model along with becoming educated on vendors, customers, or internal division’s business models and needs.
Responsibilities, Supporting Actions & End-Results
- Pull data from multiple sources and build/maintain relational database. Understand client’s data objectives and translate business need into the appropriate technical data model. Run data models and review data output to ensure the model is accurate along with translating the trends and output of the data model.
- Interpret use case requirement and design of target data model/ data mart
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports by stakeholders
- Set up and implement enhancements to automate and simplify data reporting process
- Troubleshoot, debug when data is found to be inaccurate work functions, key tasks
- Transform business requirement to data requirement, data analysis and profiling
- Identify data from different source systems and build the target data models
- Produce professional quality reports, presentations and analysis with insights
- Responsible for business analysis, user coordination and some implementation of business initiatives
- Work with cross-functional teams and able to execute well in a fast-paced and agile environment
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
- Formal education or training required such as degrees, courses of study, certification
- Advanced degree (Bachelors, Masters) in a strongly quantitative field such as: Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or Econometrics
- Bachelors degree with at least 6 years of Experience or
- MS degree with at least three years of quantitative analysis experience in business intelligence:
- He or she needs to have experience in analysis of large data sets, identifying trends and patterns, and effectively communicating both internally and externally.
- Experience with cleaning, aggregating, and pre-processing data from varied sources. Experience with SQL.
- Familiar with tools for data mining, statistics, analysis, and scripting (e.g., R, SAS, Scala, MATLAB, Python).
- Be familiar with and use consistently at least three of the following modeling techniques: Web scrapping, Text mining on structured and unstructured data, Feature extraction, Regression models, Decision trees, Conjoint, Discrete Choice
- Good communications skills to effectively collaborate and communicate with internal and external contacts.
- Familiarity with any of the visualization tools like Power BI, Qlik Sense would be an added advantage
Works in general shifts and willing to overlap with multiple time zones (as needed); a self-learner, individual contributor, and team player. Works with minimal guidance.