*Executive Director (VPT), Acceleration and Transformation
Field, CA, United States
Job ID: 47436
ABOUT INGRAM MICRO
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012. Ingram Micro was recently acquired by Platinum Equity who has completed more than 250+ transactions in its 24-year history and today manages a portfolio of approximately 40 growing companies across a range of sectors and geographies.
The successful candidate will immerse with an Ingram Micro business leader for a one-year to two-year time period, identifying and executing a playbook of value creation opportunities (VCO). Once it is clear that value creation opportunities have taken hold, the candidate will focus on the next opportunity, transitioning into a monitoring mode. The candidate will serve on multiple Operating Committees, Platinum’s governance mechanism for its portfolio companies.
Lead the transformation of an identified business within Ingram Micro, specifically:
- Pricing: Identify opportunities to execute tactical pricing and margin enforcement programs; identify areas
- where price is inconsistent with value delivered to customer
- Volume from growth: Identify opportunities to better use customer insight to drive revenue
- Volume from adjacencies: Execute on opportunities to drive high probability growth adjacencies
- ERP effectiveness: Improve sales deployment, effectiveness, process and tools
- Procurement optimization: Execute strategic sourcing program to reduce cost of materials
- G&A efficiency: Eliminate redundancies and inefficiencies
- Supply chain and distribution optimization: Execute opportunities to make supply chain leaner, more efficient
- while improving service levels
- Product complexity and rationalization: Eliminate product that is not delivering value relative to manufacturing and supply chain complexity they drive
- Manufacturing efficiency (4 walls): Improving shop floor efficiency through automation, scheduling, layout, scrap reduction driving OEE improvement
- Outsourcing: Understand non-strategic activities in value chain that can be better performed by third party
- IT Optimization: Understand the evolution plan of IT and the modules most likely to over and under/deliver on ROI
- Working Capital and Cash Management: By tightening payables, getting more aggressive with receivables, reducing the order-to-cash cycle
Track record, training or manner of presenting him/herself indicate an individual with horsepower to solve complex problems. Education from leading universities or business environments that are leading indicators of success at Ingram Micro (e.g., strong undergraduate performance, highly quantitative undergraduate major, admission to highly competitive graduate program).
Action Oriented / Work Ethic
Clear self-starter who takes pleasure in taking action, not the theoretical. paced, self-motivated and results oriented.
Pragmatic Problem Solver
Ability to digest complex problems, make recommendations and develop practical solutions and actions.
Ability to Drive Change
Multiple examples of partnering with management to develop, scope and d playbook. Includes adapting to dynamic personalities to drive change.
Proven experience identifying and leading implementation of complex profitability initiatives across multiple environments and industries.
Strike Zone - Expertise
Demonstrated deep experience in one area. Examples include Revenue Enhancement (Growth), Supply Chain (Procurement) and Lean (Process).
- Graduate, most probably with business / professional qualification (MBA, accountancy etc.)
- Significant restructuring experience, ideally within a specialist consultancy
- Exposure to Private Equity is likely to be important to ensure a common frame of reference
- Alternatively, a proven general manager from manufacturing / industrials
- Track record of significant outperformance relative to the market and the achievement of considerable change
- to facilitate growth and business improvement.
- Proven high levels of commercial acumen with excellent influencing and relationship building skills at senior
- levels are essential.
Ideal candidate profile
- Aggressiveness: Moves quickly and takes well-founded points-of-view on critical issues without being abrasive.
- Hands-on: Ability to manage the detail as well as step back and see the bigger picture / strategic imperatives.
- Thinking / Visioning: Able to adapt to any market or commercial context and identify the profit-maximizing strategy.
- Collaborative: Charts the course with colleagues, but let’s others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Persuasion: Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
- Honesty / Integrity: Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidence. Does what is right, not what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully, and does not try to sweep “bad news” under the rug.
- Organization and planning: Plans, organizes, schedules in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key
- Work ethic: Possesses a strong willingness to work hard, long hours to get a difficult job done.
- Follow through on commitments: Lives up to forecasts, verbal and written commitments.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.