DescriptionIngram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 64 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
SCOPE & PURPOSE:
· To implement, maintain and monitor quality and H&S systems.
· To identify issues and opportunities for continual improvement, and work with appropriate members of the team to ensure they are actioned.
· Maintain compliance with all aspects of quality and H&S systems, including but not limited to ISO certifications, quality, environmental, information security, business continuity, health and safety and shipping compliance.
· Management of the internal and external audit function.
· Conduct site visits in line with audit requirements.
· To review any proposed legislation and revisions of current legislation, assess the relevance and impact on the business and facilitate measures to maintain compliance.
· To ensure that the conditions of any licenses that the company holds are upheld.
· To facilitate applications for additional licences/certifications that the company determines are necessary.
PRINCIPAL TASKS OF JOB / CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Quality & H&S System Development
· Maintenance and ongoing development or all systems
· To scope and plan any Development and accreditation of further standards as determined by the needs of the business. To define resource requirement as required to deliver the business need.
Environmental and H&S Legislative Compliance
· Manage the company’s responsibilities with respect to Environmental and H&S legislation and ensure that the business is always compliant with existing legislation and is aware of the implications of future legislation by Facilitating the identification of Quality objectives and key performance indicators.
· Determine the manner of reporting, analysis and improvement activities.
· To ensure that applications and renewals for all license registrations are accurately and comprehensively completed and submitted in a timely manner to ensure continuity of registrations.
· To develop a harmonious and effective relationships with the appropriate licensing/enforcement authorities.
· To liaise with the appropriate licensing/enforcement authority in order to resolve or clarify issues that may arise.
· Quality and H&S system support maintaining and developing processes as business requirements in line with policies.
· Management of the audit function and reporting, including ensuring effective corrective actions are in place to correct any non-conformances identified and that where appropriate, preventative actions are in place to prevent non-conformances from occurring.
· Management of customer expectations with respect to quality systems.
· Facilitating / hosting as required during any onsite audits including customer, local and national authority audits
· Effective timely resolution in line with customer/authority requirements of any non-conformities raised. Drawing on internal resource as required.
· Communicating improvement plans and timeframes to customers.
· Communicating with customers on issues that relate to quality systems and ensuring results of such communications are documented and followed up according to CAR
Quality and H&S system awareness
· Preparing and maintaining material for the training functions to communicate awareness induction training of the company’s requirements for quality and environmental management.
· Preparing briefing material to address specific issues.
· Conducting awareness briefings with staff on specific issues as they arise.
Third Party Accreditations
· Ensuring compliance with existing accreditations is maintained where agreed.
· Developing systems to meet the requirements of additional accreditations that the company may require.
· Facilitating / Hosting during external assessment visits as required.
· Effective timely resolution inline with customer/authority requirements of any non-conformities raised. Drawing on internal resource as required.
· Communicating improvement plans and timeframes to the accreditation body.
· Continuously developing the Quality and H&S Management systems and encouraging a continuous improvement culture within the organisation.
· Active role in the implementation, management and monitoring of Ingram Micro sustainability initiatives
· Ensure compliance of Ingram Micro policies and procedures
· To be aware of the Health & Safety requirements, in accordance with guidelines as set out in the Health & Safety manual.
· To have a flexible approach to work to deliver business goals.
· To attend training courses on and off site as and where necessary to ensure personal and team job skills keep pace with legislative and business developments.
Health and Safety:
· To chair regular H&S meetings and manage and document the inputs and outputs to promote safety, ensure compliance and strive for continual improvement.
· Providing instruction, assistance and monitoring on the completion of assessments such as risk, manual handling, display screen equipment, COSHH, PUWER etc;
· Completing and documenting regular health and safety audits within designated INGRAM MICRO premises;
· Highlighting all health and safety related issues that pose a possible risk, breaches current health and safety legislation or is deemed a general bad working practice;
· Investigating and reporting accidents, incidents or dangerous occurrences via the correct methods;
· Review of documentation relating to health and safety issues such as accident reports, incident reports etc;
· Effectively communicating with all levels of management on issues relating to health and safety;
· Proactively promoting a good safety culture;
· Achieving ‘Zero Harm’.
· Responsible for coaching, supporting and encouraging members of the team.
· Contribute to the development of the team through regular sessions.
· Promote and ensure team members work together to achieve their personal and team goals.
· Where appropriate, manage service focused projects.
· For each project undertaken, complete all relevant tasks and documentation.
· Ensure that assigned project tasks are undertaken to the specification and standard required.
· Create and maintain a relationship with all stakeholders.
· Provide expert advice and consultancy to all staff and associated third parties to determine best solutions and practice.
· Build a constructive relationship with customers.