Irvine, CA, United States
Job ID: 47459
Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
Why Choose This Role?
- Hybrid work environment
- Fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate or someone early in career that is wanting to learn the business and advance their skill-set with direct mentorship
- Career development in areas of (A) data analytics and or (B) indirect sourcing for IT, logistics, labor capital management etc)
- Will be the primary support for analytics for indirect procurement. The team will look to this person as the subject matter expert in analytics.
A summary of the overall scope of the position:
- Assists in the development and deployment of internal/external process improvements, organization initiatives and projects/procurement activities.
- Utilizes procurement/planning systems to ensure planning, validation, and maintaining of all requirements for procurement analysis.
- Utilize numerous internal systems to document post award activities including supplier delivery status.
- Conduct routine audits in support of our sourcing team activities.
- Be able to conduct clean sheeting and or should cost modeling in support of our sourcing teams.
- Should be able to create, track and report supplier performance metrics to leadership, weekly, or as required.
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirements
Provide the education, experience, skills and competencies necessary to perform the position. Indicate whether these qualifications are required or preferred.
Must have moderate to complex level of knowledge in
- Spreadsheets - Excel - writing macros, developing formulas, using functions such as pivot and lookup tables
- Database - MS Access - multi-table queries, report generation, macros, forms.
- Ability to quickly adjust to changing priorities and multi-task effectively.
- Be able to demonstrate a sense of urgency, attention to detail and have strong financial/ analytics acumen.
- Demonstrated experience desired, but not essential in partnering with Sourcing, Vendor Management, and other Procurement teams to deliver strong strategic procurement experience for key business partners across a broad spectrum of business areas/spend categories.
- Experience at identifying and capturing cost savings and operational improvement opportunities, while working with business teams and or sourcing teams.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a business setting and or in a sourcing/procurement business setting would be advantageous
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.