Sr. Professional, Transportation Operations Analyst
United States | Williamsville, New York
Position at Ingram Micro
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Location: Williamsville, NY which was announced "one of the best places to work" for 2018
- Responsible for supporting day to day operations, processes and assist in design and development of plans and recommendations for various projects of the IM-Logistics Operations team including transportation, logistics, and/or operations related to our subsidiaries.
- Execute and optimize Transportation plans for Inbound and Outbound delivery, coordinate transportation for multiple Ingram Micro facilities as well as vendors and potentially customers.
- Tasked with resolving operational issues, gathering data, interpreting, and providing recommendations based on the data assembled
- Actively lead projects that will have a direct impact on process improvement and cost reduction
- Direct interaction and cross functional collaboration required with our Advanced Logistics Centers, Transportation carriers, IM-Logistics Sales and Program Management associates, as well as vendors and customers.
- The position supports Logistics and Transportation management by conducting analyses and reporting on functions that are deemed necessary by the management team.
- A Senior Transportation Operations Analyst would independently identify opportunities and complete analytics within the supply chain with limited or no management direction.
- The position would assist in developing plans of action by creating and/or compiling data or schedule; program, service and/or product recommendations as well as other financial or policy data.
- Managing data that controls our Transportation Management Systems (TMS) is also potentially in scope depending upon the reporting assignment within the department.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in one of the disciplines of Supply Chain Management, Logistics and/or Transportation OR 5 years of external related experience or 2 years of IM related experience.
- 5-8+ years of related experience preferred, with a strong emphasis on practical Transportation and Supply Chain Operations expertise.
- Knowledge of: Supply Chain and Transportation functionality, Transportation modes and carrier rates, Transportation Operations, Distribution Center Operations, carrier documentation and processes, supplier collaboration, product distribution, lead time optimization.
- Skilled in: MS Office at an intermediate to advanced level, TMS data management, BI Applications.
- Ability to: Analyze data and present alternatives for solution and assist in implementation when appropriate, communicate cross functionally and externally with customer and vendors, balance priorities and have a recognition of risk and reward in the discipline they are assigned.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.