Jonestown, PA, United States
Job ID: 47520
Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
Location: Williamsville, NY which was announced "one of the best places to work" for 2018
**Hybrid work schedule available**
This position is responsible for supporting the day to day operational processes and assist in design and development of logistics plans, recommendations for continuous improvement of the Ingram Micro-Logistics Operations team including transportation, logistics, and/or distribution operations related to our subsidiaries. Direct interaction is required with our Advanced Logistics Centers, Transportation carriers & Supply Chain vendors, IM-Logistics Sales and Program Management associates, as well as Ingram Micro suppliers and customers.
- The position supports Logistics and Transportation management by conducting analyses and reporting on functions that are deemed necessary by the leadership team.
- Project Management of assigned initiatives to completion.
- The Transportation Analyst would independently identify opportunities and complete analytics within the supply chain with limited or no management direction.
- The position would assist in developing plans of action by creating and/or compiling data or schedule; program, service and/or product recommendations as well as other financial or policy data.
- Managing data that controls our Transportation Management Systems (TMS) is also potentially in scope depending upon the reporting assignment within the department.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in one of the disciplines of Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Logistics and/or Transportation OR 3 years of external related experience or 2 years of Ingram Micro related experience.
- 3-5+ years of related experience preferred, with a strong emphasis on practical Transportation and Supply Chain expertise.
- Knowledge of: Supply Chain and Transportation functionality, Distribution Center Operations, transportation carrier documentation and processes, transportation modes, tariffs and rates, supplier collaboration, product distribution, and lead time optimization.
- Skilled in MS Office applications & Business Intelligence reporting at an intermediate to advanced level, Transportation Management Systems, and Supply Chain KPI reporting.
- Ability to: Analyze data and present alternatives for problem resolution and assist in implementation when appropriate, communicate cross functionally and externally with customer and vendors, balance priorities and have a recognition of risk and reward in the area that they are working.
- Developed communication and interpersonal skills to include presentation skills are important, as this role involves collaborating across multiple departments to drive improvement.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.