Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
INGRAM MICRO FUN FACTS:
- We ship 1.5 billion units per year
- We have 189 logistics centers and service centers worldwide
- 250,000 IT solution provider customers
- 2,000 manufacturer partners
- 1 out of 2 mobile devices are distributed in our warehouse
***PLEASE NOTE***: This job requires permanent ability to work in U.S. We can't accept anyone currently working on an H-1B and won"t be able to provide sponsorship.
Provide Industrial Engineering support to Ingram Micro distribution centers. This support would include evaluation, analysis, recommendations, and implementation pertaining to assigned distribution center Labor Management System, Processes and Material Handling changes for configuration, kitting, assembly, reverse logistics, and fulfillment operations.
Responsible for developing and maintaining supply chain and logistics processes for a variety of warehousing and distribution center operations. Conduct special projects to achieve improved methods, optimize process flow to facilitate efficient put-away, order fulfillment, shipping, and space utilization. Plan, coordinate and assist with execution of redesign and redevelopment of optimal distribution center practices.
The job would include labor standards/cost impact of various process implementations/changes, labor models to support same, and capacity constraint identification.
This position would require hands-on cross functional interface at all levels within the corporate offices and distribution center operations.
- Develop processes and procedures to enhance and optimize distribution center operations
- Conduct special projects to achieve improved methods, layout, and workflow
- Evaluate and develop distribution center storage practices and support re-arrangement activities
- Review, analyze, and support storage and material handling changes/implementation that increase safety, efficiency, quality, and reduce operating expenses.
- Support JDA/Red Prairie LMS development and implementation of engineered labor standards in assigned distribution center functions and ensure reporting mechanisms to measure actual performance to standard.
- Provide training and support operations on the proper use of engineering labor standards for costing, staffing, and performance measurement.
- Investigate new technologies & equipment to improve efficiencies of processes
- Support continuous improvement initiatives using LEAN management methodologies.
Job Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Four-year bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering required. Degree in Logistics/Production Engineering and/or suitable experience.
- Minimum of two years of engineering experience in manufacturing, logistics, and/or distribution field. Experience in fast paced, high volume environments including multi-site operating experience strongly preferred.
- Experience and skills in the use of JDA/Red Prairie LMS required.
- Skills in the use of AutoCAD strongly preferred.
- Advanced skills using Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, database management
- Knowledge of engineering processes including engineering change control, engineering labor standards and methodologies.
- Certification in MOST engineering standards strongly preferred.
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with little supervision
- Project Management experience would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Simulation tools would be an advantage
- Certification in six sigma methodologies would be an advantage
- Requires the ability to travel up to 25% of the time, work weekends, and extended hours when projects and the job demand.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.