Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
Day-to-day activities include:
- Order management
- Reporting / analysis
- Inventory management
- Service Level Agreement performance management
- Commercial compliance
- Customer Relations Management
- Profitability & profitable growth
- Account Receivables management
- Interface on behalf of the customer and Ingram Micro organizations functions including operations, IT, and finance.
- Identify, prioritize, and communicate functional and technical requirements of the client service portfolio to the appropriate cross-functional organizations to ensure delivery against all customer SLAs.
- Manage moderately to highly complex service solution delivery and program management
- Lead the implementation and execution of proposed/new solutions for key customer projects.
- Work with account leadership on business transformation projects to drive efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery solutions improving overall program and financial performance.
- Bachelor’s degree, strongly preferred but not required
- Supply chain/operations background experience
- A minimum of 5 years of sales or account management experience
- Data mining and manipulation
- Experience with MS Office Suite and the ability to learn new software quickly
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Proven track record of delivering results
- Outgoing and a self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A team player that must be flexible, enthusiastic and possess an energetic personality
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional environment, ability to organize, plan, prioritize, and meet deadlines through process improvements and communication practices
- Ability to travel domestically 1-2 trips per month
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR INGRAM MICRO
- Medical, Dental, Vision Available Upon Start Date
- Employer Matched 401(k) + Immediately Vested
- Paid Time Off (PTO) + Sick Days
- Tuition Reimbursement & Career Development
- A Company Culture Rich in our Vision and Values with an Open-Door Policy
- Company Observed Holidays
- Discount Programs that include Wellness, Technology, Retail, and more!
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.