Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Hybrid work environment
INGRAM MICRO OVERVIEW:
- Ingram Micro does $49 Billion in revenue
- We ship 1.5 billion units per year
- We have 189 logistics centers and service centers worldwide
- Operations in 59 countries with 35,000 associates covering 6 continents
- 250,000 IT solution provider customers
- 2,000 manufacturer partners
- 1 out of 2 mobile devices are distributed in our warehouse
The successful candidate will manage Ingram Micro’s global environmental sustainability program, helping Ingram Micro reduce its impact on the natural environment and engage with its stakeholders on key topics in environmental sustainability.
The Program Manager, Environmental Sustainability will report to Ingram Micro’s Director of Global ESG and will be responsible for overseeing Ingram Micro’s environmental data collection, building and refining Ingram Micro’s environmental sustainability strategy, and ensuring that Ingram Micro meets its corporate goals with respect to GHG emissions, waste reduction, and water conservation. The program manager will serve as an internal subject matter expert on environmental sustainability and will support global and local programs and projects.
- Develop and refine Ingram Micro’s environmental sustainability strategy, with particular focus on the environmental sustainability issues of greatest materiality to Ingram Micro and its stakeholders, including GHG emissions and the circular economy.
- Oversee Ingram Micro’s environmental sustainability data collection process and leverage environmental data to help drive sustainability solutions at the enterprise and project level. Such solutions will include conversions toward renewable energy, waste reduction, and water conservation.
- Support enhanced automation of environmental sustainability data collection, such as deployment of new tools, new methods of data collection, and implementing continuous improvement for data and information collection.
- Act as the environmental subject matter on environmental sustainability for the company, providing strategic direction on how Ingram Micro can incorporate the latest market and technological innovations to reduce its impact on the environment and pursue a long-term vision of restorative operations.
- Leverage environmental sustainability and content to respond to internal and external reporting and analytical requests, including Ingram Micro’s annual ESG report, CDP, EcoVadis, and regulatory reporting regimes.
- Develop content and programming to train Ingram Micro associates on their responsibilities with regard to environmental sustainability and Ingram Micro’s associated programs and policies.
- Collaborate with various internal stakeholders to help Ingram Micro pursue opportunities to provide environmentally preferable goods, services, and solutions to the marketplace.
- Create and distribute internal environmental sustainability communications through multiple channels.
- Collaborate with ESG teammates to act as an ambassador for ESG topics and initiatives. Support various ESG team projects and activities as needed.
- Undergraduate degree in Environmental Sustainability, Environmental Science, the physical sciences, engineering, business administration, or related discipline. Masters degree or MBA a plus.
- Minimum 8 years’ functional experience with at least 5 years’ experience as an environmental sustainability professional or in a related capacity in an in-house, consulting, public sector, or academic capacity.
- Extensive experience in a public or private company, an NGO, governmental agency or similar group, in developing and managing environmental sustainability programs, with demonstrated success in building programs and implementing environmental sustainability projects and solutions.
- Knowledge of environmental sustainability guidance and references such as GHG Protocol, TRUE Zero Waste, LEED, BREEAM, and others.
- Data-oriented storyteller with demonstrated experience managing environmental sustainability data collection and leveraging environmental sustainability program management tools, such as utility bill management platforms and software tools.
- Direct experience with energy efficiency, renewable energy, energy storage, electric vehicles, waste minimization, and water conservation projects.
- Experience in the electronics, e-commerce, and/or logistics industries a plus.
- Ability to work within a diverse, cross-functional team to achieve objectives.
- Excellent scientific and technical skills; a creative problem solver with an eye toward “win-wins” with regard to the environment and the business.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, and communication skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to confidently facilitate working sessions with key stakeholders at all levels.
- Familiarity with various environmental legal and regulatory requirements, including but not limited to hazardous waste management, air quality, and building energy and water benchmarking.
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.