Miami, FL, United States
Job ID: 47956
Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
The role of the Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) Administrator is to oversee all distribution activity and inventory management processes that support Ingram Micro's FTZ. This position interfaces with Ingram Micro’s third party FTZ Admin and Compliance partners, and Ingram Micro supply chain team to ensure they are compliant with FTZ and Customs and Border Protection requirements and that inventory transactions are accurately reported into Ingram Micro's ERP system. This position will be based in IM Miami distribution site located in Miami, FL.
In this position you will assist Distribution Management, Logistics and Trade Compliance teams’ partners, in developing and refining SOPs to ensure:
The FTZ Administrator will oversee the whole FTZ Miami Operation, have the authority to justify and trigger the change management process in case any process needs to be adjusted. The position will have the responsibility to solve daily operational issues that involve any communication with the FTZ Administrator (AOS), internal teams such as Warehouse Operations, Account Management, Compliance, IS and upper level management
- FTZ compliance
- Monitor distribution center site activity related to physical product receipts, shipping, and inventory movements to ensure timely and accurate processing according to FTZ protocol
- Perform daily review of system transactions between FTZ admin management systems, Ingram Micro ERP system, and FTZ inventory records
- Report and assist in the immediate troubleshooting of any processing delays, errors, or exceptions that occur in the distribution operation or inventory systems.
- Escalate issues to FTZ Admin Partner team
- Oversee site management team to ensure compliance with all building security and personnel management procedures
- Keeps all sensitive matters confidential
- Other duties as assigned
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or supply chain, or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years’ experience in a supply chain role preferred, and preferably in a distribution environment
- Experience working in a distribution environment preferred
- Experience in an FTZ environment and dealing with customs preferred
- Experience working with SAP, Impulse, IWM preferred
- Proficient in working with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong attention to detail and adherence to accuracy of processes and information reporting
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build effective working relationships
- Strong follow-through and the ability to address issues quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly, and firmly, interact with partners to address procedural issues or problems
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.