Network Engineer (Professional)
Job ID: 47677
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions.
With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012. Position Summary:
The Network Engineer (Operations) shall primarily perform network implementation and troubleshooting of Ingram Micro’s Remote Offices and Datacenter Networks.
- Level 2 network support for the global network of Ingram-Micro, communicating well with Level 3 engineers and internal customers.
- Implement, verify and troubleshoot routing and switching configuration related to remote sites and datacenter networks.
- Implement, verify and troubleshoot firewall rules, application-based policies, web-content filtering and VPNs.
- Implement, verify and troubleshoot load-balancer configuration such as virtual server creation, content switching and updating of SSL certificates.
- Participate in major projects with the network engineering team such as data center refresh, remote site build-outs and SD-WAN.
- Monitor alerts and coordinate hardware replacements and carrier / supplier issues.
- Document incidents in the Ingram Micro ticketing system and help with providing root cause analysis and ensuring preventative measures are in place.
- Document network diagrams and ensure standards are being implemented.
- Participate in the Ingram Micro change management process and ensure assigned change is approved.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
- Minimum 3 years of continuous experience in at least 3 of the following:
- TCP/IP fundamentals
- Core IP routing protocols: EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
- LAN Switching: VTP v2/v3, Port-channels, Spanning-tree, Stackwise, Stackpower, VSS, VSL
- Network Security: IPSec, NAT, Port Security
- Miscellaneous Network Services: HSRP, IP SLA and Object tracking, QoS, DHCP, DNS,
- Wireless: Cisco Wireless, Meraki
- Firewalling: Cisco ASA, Fortigate or Palo Alto
- Knowledge of any of the following is a definite plus:
- Cisco Nexus features: VPC, VDC, FEX, ACI, VXLAN
- Cisco Catalyst Chassis Aggregation: VSS, Stackwise Virtual
- Advanced WAN technologies: SD-WAN, DMVPN, MPLS
- Riverbed WAN Optimization
- Citrix Netscaler Load Balancing
- Network automation: Python/Ruby
- Candidate must be willing to work in McKinley, Taguig City
- 24x7, rotating shift schedule