DescriptionIngram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
· The primary responsibility of a Repair technician is to diagnose and repair consumer electronic audio/video equipment to board level or component level defects.
· Performing tasks such as inspection, board level diagnosis and repair, component level diagnosis and repair, and maintenance of consumer electronics.
· Manually examining, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing to board or to component level consumer electronics across multiple manufacturers with little to no supervision.
· Analyzing failed equipment according to procedures, and determining whether equipment is repairable under manufacture warranty or out-of-warranty repair thresholds.
· Manually setting up computer systems and hardware, and installing or re-installing software programs for computer users.
· Utilizing manufacturer websites to assist in diagnostics and/or part number identification.
· Taking apart and re-assembling computer components and parts.
· Troubleshooting computer systems both hardware and software.
· Resolving hardware technical issues with proper solutions.
· Repair Station: Percent of time spent in this area: 100%
· Results: Diagnosing and repairing electronics.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Some tech training and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· A+ Certification (Recommended but not required)
· Associate degree or some college with equivalent work experience
· Data Center Technology experience with server configuration and able to wipe hard drives
· Imaging experience if applicable
· Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power-point, etc.
· Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
· Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully
· Reads, speaks, and understands English (preferred). All training will be delivered in English.
· Possesses working knowledge of different models such as laptops, PC’s, printers, servers, etc.
· Operates computers and navigates the web with technical proficiency and familiarity.
· Performs accurate data entry with precise attention to detail.
· Works independently while practicing effective time management.
· Works well in a warehouse environment, which can include exposure to heat and cold (equivalent to outside temperatures), dust, pollen, fumes (as in a normal outside environment), and noise.
· Focusing on and operating a personal computer or terminal keyboard to enter data for the duration of your scheduled shift.
· Reading English words and numbers in printed form and on a computer/terminal monitor.
· Lifting IT assets weighing up to 50 lbs. daily.
· Standing, walking, stooping, reaching, and handling products constantly for the duration of your scheduled shift.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.