Sr. Account Manager
Lancaster, PA, United States
Job ID: 47832
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future.
Develops and manages the most valuable and complex programs for managed accounts. The accounts may either large in size (to $50million in yearly fee revenue), or a combined portfolio of medium and large sized accounts (with various fee revenue targets). Essential to this role is the ability to work independently within a strong team culture. Primary focus is responsibility for developing, managing, and growing key assigned accounts. This is a strategic business partner who develops relationships with decision makers and consults on how to effectively implement features to foster viable business growth. Meets revenue and margin performance targets, as well as growth goals provided for the book of accounts owned.
Critical personal attributes for this role:
- Must possess customer satisfaction passion and skill set to address and resolve client issues as a customer and IM-CLS advocate while insuring goals are met for both IM-CLS and the client. Understands the client business model, company environment and sales potential to develop solutions and better service the account.
- Sales acumen and desire to build the relationship through growth and identification of new opportunities
- Must be able to provide clear and concise directions to cross functional departments on projects, documentation, customer correspondence, deadlines, sales opportunities contract development and all other action items required in customer account development.
- Develop and achieve strategic revenue and profit objectives.
- Must possess the ability to adapt to evolving business practices and display leadership in meeting company departmental and regional objectives. Investigates sales opportunities as well as resolves issues and provides solutions on a continuing basis.
- Must possess the ability to think strategically and develop project plans to implement customer incentives. Demonstrated ability to identify problems and develop& present solutions.
- The ability to compile and analyze data into meaningful reports and presentations as well as determine recommendations supported by data for account changes, gaps or improved performance to meet the required goals.
- Responsible for developing the formal Business Reviews for assigned accounts. Develops and manages business plans, proposals, pricing models, contracts, operations reports, SLA tracking and any other pertinent documents to support key assigned accounts. Understands and utilizes all software, e-mail task management and desktop applications used by the department. Engages on new business opportunities where appropriate.
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management and execution of contracts, including Statement of Work per client
- Maintenance of account revenue and profit goals established for the account
- Identify opportunities for new revenue and growth, working with Sales BDM on converting account growth opportunities
- Coordinates and drive issue and opportunity resolution through problem solving skills and investigative work
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources in order to meet account performance objectives and customer expectations
- Monitor and report KPI’s
- Plan and conduct regular business reviews and meetings
- Manage the client relationships at the tactical and execution level
- Proactively leads a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis to ensure continuous improvement to customer program.
- Engages solution engineers, finance and IS resources and any other contributing support teams to execute new opportunities and program enhancements
- Document and prepare summaries, action list, meeting notes to maintain a client history and progressive agenda to maintain momentum in account performance, resolutions and growth
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent work experience) required.
- 5 years prior experience at Ingram Micro in the Sales or Operations departments and/or 5 years external account-program management/Supply Chain experience.
- Must possess intermediate skills of PC programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint , Visio and Outlook. Ability to learn mainframe tools and API’s as they relate to company tools, ERP and systems.
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal format as well as manage details and represent IM-CLS in a professional manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with others and build a team-oriented environment.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.