Production Supervisor 2nd Shift
Plainfield, IN, United States
Job ID: 48014
Who is Ingram Micro?
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Life cycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Directs daily business activity and provides leadership for assigned personnel. Responsible for communicating with Resource Freight Planning, Inventory Management, Quality, Sales and branch management to resolve any production issues. Accountable for assigned areas to ensure we meet or exceed all customer SLA’s as well as Operating plan performance metrics.
Major Essential Functions:
- Accountable for daily work assignments of all regular and temporary labor to meet or exceed customer SLA’s while minimizing labor costs
- Achieve performance standards with regards to safety, line utilization and quality
- Tracks key performance indicators/costs, anticipating and correcting trends which would compromise achievement of financial targets
- Oversees and assures facility equipment reliability to minimize downtime
- Supervise up to 60 fulltime/temporary Production Line associates
- Set up and operate equipment according to the Production Work Order Requirements, On-the-Job-Training (OJT) and/or operation procedures
- Train and coach employees on department work instructions, processes, procedures and policies
- Coach and mentor team leads on leadership skills such as communication, results, accountability, etc.
- Manages personnel, material, and equipment safely and effectively.
- Meets production cost, schedules, and quality requirements through the utilization of established manufacturing processes and methods.
- Monitors and reports weekly production metrics on productivity and quality.
- Identifies continuous improvement opportunities to ensure performance targets are consistently met.
- Interfaces with planning and quality management when defects or non-conforming products are found.
- Determines best methods to handle deviations from standardized processes.
- Responsible for maintaining all defined 6S standards
- Accountable for all ISO policies and procedures for areas assigned makes recommendations for change.
- Communicates daily with Sales, Purchasing and Operational personnel to effectively provide relevant information in order to meet and or exceed customer requirements.
- Provides leadership and guidance to all staff for continual improvement of key functions and activities to improve efficiency and meet increasing customer and business demands
- Ensures labor is balanced across department as required to meet each day’s business needs, minimize overtime and reduce labor costs
- Maintains a professional, helpful attitude in dealings with co-workers, supervisors and their departmental personnel at all times
- Responsible for managing the administrative tasks of validating Kronos punches and correcting missed punches (daily), executing the Corrective Action Responses and implementing corrective changes to meet the required timelines outlined in the process
- Document and executing the Quarterly/Annual Employee Performance Appraisal processes meeting the HR timeline as published.
- Demonstrates Ingram Micro values: Accomplishment, Integrity, Quality, Learning, Respect, and Community involvement
Minor Essential Function:
- Responsible for consistent enforcement of Ingram Micro policies as prescribed in the Ingram Micro Employee Policy Manual
- Recommends layout changes to improve velocity, performance and reduces labor costs.
- Complies with all OSHA , federal, and state policies that optimizes safety within the facility
- Responsible for housekeeping standards as assigned
- Responsible for additional tasks as assigned to meet or exceed the expectations of customers and or Brightpoint management based on our fluid business needs
- Works with Quality and Industrial Engineering to maintain, evaluate and make recommendations to improve all relevant processes.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3+ years in a fast paced, high volume production environment preferred
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel), interpersonal & conflict resolution skills, basic math skills.
- Knowledge of RF gun and functions associated with Provia (WMS) as they apply to assigned activities.
- Pre-employment drug screen required
- Experience with PC, RF guns, printers required
- Supply chain solutions preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Regularly lift and or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and or move up to 100 lbs. in a safe manner.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, and bend.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a noisy environment with seasonal extremes of temperatures.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.