Administrative Assistant (Operations - Training)
This job posting is no longer active.
Chandler, AZ, United States
Job ID: 48020
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $49 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The Operations Training Admin is the on-site team member supporting new hire training and tracking for operations.
- Communicates and collaborates with site leader and HR to ensure consistency in training content and timelines to support team goals and objectives.
- Schedules training and maintains training records & certifications.
- Ensures that training is delivered and completed in a timely manner.
- Evaluates training delivery and provides feedback to department trainers and management/ site leader
- Utilizes most appropriate learning methods including just-in-time training, self-study, computer-based training, simulation and hands-on class exercises.
- Lead new hire orientation training and complete new hire paperwork tracking documentation
- Partner with Ops on new hire placement and follow up with new hires and OJT trainer (daily check in’s, engagement and understanding checks, etc.)
- Track and upload the documents for the OJT forms and the PWI updates sign off forms for compliance
- Schedule and facilitate training for operations new hires, temporary associates, and full-time associates including new hire orientation and job specific training.
- NAID’s test administration and tracking
- Schedule, administer, and track annual certification assessments and maintain accurate records and documentation for all training programs and certifications in accordance with ISO registration policies and procedures. Maintain accurate records and documentation for all training at site.
- Collaborate with human resources and temp agencies on site tours date/times and start dates of temporary associates. Coordinate placement of new hires with on-site operations management based on staffing needs.
- Coordinate training schedules with management team on a weekly basis and email training reminders, as applicable, to the various departments; meet regularly with the management team to discuss scheduling conflicts and special scheduling needs.
- Prepare daily, weekly and/or monthly reports on training statistics and progress and training needs and work activities.
What you bring to the role:
- Associate or Bachelor degree strongly preferred, but not required.
- 2+ years of experience in a Training Coordinator role (preferably in a Distribution and/or Warehouse environment)
- Ability to quickly understand and explain practices, procedures, and policies within the Operations department.
- Ability to think outside the box and proactively solve problems as they arise.
- Flexibility with direction of training; able to adapt to ever-changing processes and procedures.
Need to Have:
- Beginner to Intermediate level - MS Office Suite – Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Knowledge and experience training adults in a classroom and on-the job setting; comfortable with presenting and speaking in front of small and large groups
- Strong attention to detail; organized and good time management skills, punctual; welcoming, outgoing, friendly, approachable, personality; takes initiative, proactive type-attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of working independently and effectively multi-task.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with instructional design authoring tools (Articulate, Captivate, etc.)
- Experience scheduling and facilitating Operations training in a distribution environment.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.