Tier II Desktop Support Tech 2nd Shift
Plainfield, IN, United States
Job ID: 47982
Description WHO IS INGRAM MICRO?
Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.Job Duties:
- Position responsible for the monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance of all IS solutions at supported office, facility, as well as, remote users.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and possess excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must have working knowledge of basic, intermediate, and advanced desktop/PC, server and network troubleshooting.
- Must be able to analyze computer issues and quickly develop the best course of action.
- Must also have knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows 7 & 10, Server 2008/2012 and knowledge of networking with hands-on experience.
- Will also be expected to assist remotely to support other facilities within the US and Internationally. IS solutions supported include (but not limited to) network appliances, wireless devices, telephony equipment and integration, mobile devices, radio frequency guns, desktop hardware, software and related peripherals.
- The Site Support Technician will provide level 1 and level 2 support to end users and enable Moves, Adds and Changes to the environment.
- Will maintain operating efficiency by working with end users and provide support service as needed.
- Training for this 2nd shift position would happen during first shift.
- Travel within Plainfield may be required to travel to other Ingram Micro sites.
- Responsible for the facility's 2nd shift IT needs. Starting time would be 3 or 4 pm based on candidate preference.
- Minimum High School Diploma; prefer Associate Degree Comp TIA A+ certification preferred.
- Ability/knowledge to talk to customers at multiple levels/all areas of the business to formulate business integration plans.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in local language onsite
- Working understanding of Microsoft Windows Operating systems and administration with similar technologies.
- Working hands-on troubleshooting knowledge of desktop support and desktop operating systems.
- Working hands-on troubleshooting knowledge of LAN design, implementation, and administration.
- Working understanding of VoIP.
- Conceptual understanding of design, implementation and administration of current communication technologies.
- Working understanding of general business operations including sales, finance, operations, and purchasing.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, and general troubleshooting skills
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.