Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Cloud solutions and Lifecycle services. With more than $54 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we are one of the world’s largest technology distributors, serving our partners through operations in 61 countries with 29,000 associates.
*This position is in the Irvine, California corporate headquarters and has the opportunity for hybrid work with up to three days remote per week.
Ingram Micro is seeking experienced software engineers who can leverage their skill set to grow as part of an Agile SCRUM team. They must be a quick learner and love challenging themselves to constantly raise the bar. This opportunity requires strong problem-solving skills, an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication as they deliver efficient, well designed, and tested software for a positive user experience. Innovative thinking and well-designed products with an emphasis on performance are a necessity to give our customers the best experience possible.
- Work SPA Page Developers to convert your HTML/CSS project into a working enterprise application with API backends
- Be the Guardian of the Global Style sheets for multiple enterprise applications
- Collaborate effectively cross-functionally with other functional teams to understand the requirements and design/deliver UI solutions
- Create, manage, and evangelize design guidelines, best practices, and standards to ensure consistent user experience and interfaces across products
- Collaborate with peers across the company to drive UX strategy
- Hands-on experience with the construction of complex engineering solutions and knowledge of software development methodologies
- Assumes end-to-end ownership of solutions as part of the Agile SCRUM team, which includes assisting in the development of testing automation and other key quality aspects
- Partner with product owners and other Agile SCRUM team members to determine new features and user stories
- Participate in code reviews to ensure that each increment adheres to the original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate
- Assist in establishing and supporting coding standards
- Engage in all Agile ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstrations, and team retrospectives
- Exhibits DevOps mindset where Agile SCRUM team is accountable for a product from inception to sunset
- Respond to support incidents for production applications to make a quick repair to prevent application outages
- Create and/or update the documentation to support development efforts. Documentation may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams, and/or design documents
- Share knowledge among members in the Agile SCRUM team
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and effective collaboration in a team-oriented environment
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and concepts
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Able to translate customer and business needs to technical solutions
- Resilient to change
- Establish User Personas in collaboration with Product Management
- Comfortable working with little to no supervision and providing supervision to associate engineers
- Mentor and train other Software Engineers
- May be asked to participate in Quarterly Architecture Summits
- Take the lead on challenging software engineering projects
- Be a resource for multiple challenging software engineering projects at a time
- Coordinate with external teams/stakeholders
- Maintain a holistic view of the project, never losing sight of the smaller details
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related Science and Math discipline, or equivalent combination of education and job-related experience.
- 8+ years of experience including UI Development with expertise in CSS3 and Bootstrap, Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis, Application of non-functional software qualities such as resilience, maintainability, etc., applying behavior-driven testing techniques.
- Experience with Design Tools like Invision, Sigma, Storyboard
- Experience with React Framework
- Experience using RESTful APIs and optimizing UI performance
- Experience with jQuery
- Experience with Agile Management Tools (i.e., Confluence, JIRA, VersionOne)
- Experience with SCM including branching and merging
- Experience with Engineering and Implementing enterprise level software applications
- Experience with leading engineering teams
- Proficient with CX – User behaviors
- Familiar with basic networking and infrastructure
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.