Sr. Professional, Information Security
Taguig City, Philippines
Job ID: 47467
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions.
With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Sr. IS Security Analyst is accountable for the execution of IS operations relating to the global and regional Security Operations including log monitoring and analysis, incident response, security technologies and change management. The position will develop and execute processes for intrusion detection, anti-virus/malware, zero-day protection, firewalls, internet filters, technical assessments, and security incident event management (SIEM) tools.
Sr. IS Security Analyst will ensure operating environments are maintained to optimal performance and meet defined SLAs.
Key success criteria in this position are: An in-depth understanding of global security, security technologies such as intrusion detection and content filtering, threat patterns, security architecture, application architecture, SOX, compliance (PCI, ISO). This role will implement best practices, operational discipline and integrate appropriate changes as business needs require.
Overall, the IS Security Operations Analyst would demonstrate the following skills:
- Ability to formulate and execute the operational support in support of the organization’s security posture.
- Expertise with intrusion detection, anti-virus/malware, zero-day protection, firewalls, internet filters, technical assessments, and security incident event management (SIEM) tools.
- Develop key risk indicators and metrics to mature the security operations group and function
- Develop and grow internal staff skills and understanding of security risks
- Act as the global lead for security operations criteria
- Review and mitigate escalations from a 24x7 Security Operations Center SIEM.
- Tune and configure IDS/IPS, vulnerability management, anti-virus, firewall, and application assessment systems.
- Manage day to day operations and escalate critical issues
Collaborating with People:
- Participate with cross functional teams to oversee and review operational efforts and deployment of appropriate services.
- Liaison with project management office to help manage the day-to-day interdependencies of multiple project teams.
- Control work assignments and special projects.
- Present operational solutions to internal management
- Create a supportive team-oriented work climate that enables business team members to develop professionally and that values diversity, promotes teamwork and collaboration and emphasizes quality, customer satisfaction, creativity and cost effectiveness.
- Accountable for the 24x7 Availability of the Global Security Systems
- Global Incident Management and Handling for security incidents including problem detection, situation management and service recovery
- Problem Management for isolating root cause of incidents as well as collaborating with application and infrastructure teams to ensure repeat service interruptions are avoided
- Communicate key risks and issues via a metric-based model
- Continuous improvement of recovery processes, system documentation, automation and monitoring
- Implement processes or automation for periodic review and trending of monitoring and logs for irregularities.
Reporting and Metrics
- Development and execution of a security metric reporting to ensure business and senior leadership have a proper view of current security state globally
- Input to the global IS Security strategy aligned with business goals
- Oversight on 3rd party vendors managing security vendors and partners
- Assignment and tracking of change
- Continued improvement in processes and procedures
- Configuration Management of Security systems
- Automation of routine tasks
- Knowledge of Ingram’s business practices and direction is essential, as is a familiarity with Ingram’s resources; experience in the strategic use of information technology in managing and sustaining business.
- Anticipates company and customer needs in response to a changing environment.
- Adapts willingly to new and different situations, circumstances and roles.
- Demonstrates ability to establish direction from a vision.
- Partners effectively with customers and business to manifest vision.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with vendors, internal and external customers and other departments with the company.
- Improve operational efficiencies through the use of statistical analysis
- Direct engagement with business resources to gauge current and future strategic needs, analyze impact.
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related Science and Math discipline with an IS emphasis is required
- 3 years minimum experience working within an enterprise security program
- 3 years continuous experience in Endpoint Security, Network Security, and Vulnerability Management:
- Endpoint Security Management (Administration, Deployment, Operations) for tools such as Symantec, Tanium, Trend Micro, etc.
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and SIEM tools such as ArcSight, Splunk, etc.
- Firewall administration with products such as Fortinet/Fortigate, etc.
- Deep technical knowledge in IS technologies, should be the “expert” in operating systems, networking, database and International Business environment
- New computing architectures and implementation of networked computing structures
- Familiarity with emerging threats and mediation of these risks
- Deep understanding of security risks and threats as they relate to the company’s operating environments
- Infrastructure and Application Design and scaling of large-scale high transaction volume B2B and/or B2C websites with global reach
- Documents security procedures
- Monitors compliance with information security policies and procedures, identifying gaps and communicating to business units where appropriate
- Monitors the internal control systems to ensure that appropriate access levels are maintained
- Demonstrated high competency in the execution of multiple projects
- Strong enterprise security understanding
- Understanding of ITIL and its practical application
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management
- Demonstrated competency in managing third party providers in IS operations
- Gained experience in managing resources to meet goals across multiple projects
- Gained experience in leading multidiscipline, high-performance work teams/groups
- Demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems