Sr. Software Developer
Santa Clara, CA, United States
Job ID: 47309
Shipwire is an Ingram Micro company, and award-winning cloud based SaaS delivery platform providing clients with global commerce through our extensive partner network and over 150 distribution centers in more than 50 countries around the world.
As a Senior Web Application Engineer you’ll have no shortage of interesting and challenging projects. Primarily you'll be responsible for building out our application platform, APIs, and web services.
- Build and innovate features on Shipwire's flagship merchant application and APIs
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product and Design teams to architect, implement, test, and deliver features that delight our customers
- Maintain high standards and quality in our application by writing unit and/or automated tests
- Participate in code reviews and protect the code base and product
- Build the road by creating documentation to help current and future teammates
- Be a voice for our customers and advocate for a great user experience
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years professional software engineering experience
- Proficiency building scalable web applications in an OO development environment (e.g. PHP/LAMP, Java, Ruby)
- Comfortable throughout the technical stack, from database and microservices to APIs and front-end client applications
- Strong team player – experience working with small teams with Agile methodologies
- Experience writing unit tests and using continuous integration systems
- Experience with Git version control
- Dependable. Visionary. Friendly. Curious. Confident.
HOW DO YOU STAND OUT?
- Experience developing in LAMP (PHP/MySQL) stack
- Experience in Python, Go, Java and/or MongoDB
- Experience building web applications using front end framework such as: Backbone, Angular, or React
- Knowledge and experience working with service oriented architectures
- Experience building responsive websites
- Contributor to open source projects
- Experience scaling and improving performance on evolving software and web applications
- Experience working with Cloud infrastructure (GCP, Azure, AWS)
- Experience using CI/CD pipelines and Tools for deploying infrastructure as code.
- Experience designing, implementing, and operationalizing Containers & Kubernetes deployments.
- Strong bias towards action and iterating
- Backend written in PHP
- Tools utilizing PHP, Python, VueJs, Laraval, Kong
- Testing framework includes Selenium, PHP Unit Tests, Tavern and a custom API testing framework.
- Microservices written in Java
- mySql & MongoDB data storage
- Application utilizes the Google Cloud Platform
- Family friendly company
- Yearly Bonus Opportunity
- Company off-sites
- Conferences encouraged
Please be prepared to pass a drug test and background check that includes verification of vaccination status.
Ingram Micro requires all new associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, this position requires applicants to submit proof, prior to start date, that the successful applicant is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Ingram Micro will comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants will be notified of the requirements of Ingram Micro’s COVID-19 policy and process for verification of vaccination status prior to the start of employment.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination, or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.