Mgr, Software Development-IND
This job posting is no longer active.
Chennai, TN, India
Job ID: 47954
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 64 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
- Associating with business and technology units to manage delivery schedules for applications
- Communicating cross-functionally with technology leaders across analysis, architecture, build, quality assurance, deployment and support teams on project execution
- Preparing status charts for daily management meetings in Excel and PowerPoint
- Communicating project status, delivering audience messages and change management with clients
- Assisting Product Owners with prioritization of backlogs
- Gathering requirements and maintaining communication between project teams, internal clients and external stakeholders
- Guiding, coaching and leading project teams, delegating tasks and evaluating performance and progression of project pace
- Driving multiple Scrum teams to ensure timely deliverables
- Acting as an Agile Leader to eliminate, or drive resolution of, impediments to the teams' progress
- Tracking the teams' velocity, and identifying ways to enhance velocity, estimation, and quality
- Facilitating product release planning with Product Owners, Development Teams and others as needed
- Recommending resource and project allocation and/or for increased staffing, as needed, based on business priorities
- Chairing monthly portfolio review meetings to update stakeholders regarding commitments, progress & sprint achievement
- Managing work efforts of team members with responsibility of performance appraisals and pay reviews.
- Ensures base applications meet appropriate quality standards.
- Adheres to the application development and process standards.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- 10+ years of industry experience (software development); 2+ years of that experience working in a Deliver Manager capacity
- Exposure with DevOps Cloud
- Exposure to server-side programming
- Experience with Scrum and Agile methodology
- Should build ownership of product / service / features.
- Should co-ordinate with implementations, DevOps and QA to address the business clarifications.
- Exposure to multi-layered architecture.
- Skill in leading, supervising and managing effectively under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and problem areas
- Ability to delegate projects to qualified subordinates as appropriate
- Ability to lead, direct and manage effectively
- Ability to operate independently
- Ability to exhibit solid decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Experience in Java, Python, SQL and RDBMS
- Exposure to GIT, Maven, ANT, Jenkins, JIRA
- Spring, Hibernate, JBoss