Inventory Control Supervisor - Carrollton, TX
Carrollton, TX, United States
Job ID: 48407
Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
Provides inventory reports to facility leadership and inventory control manager. Manages and maintains inventory system; facilitates updates to related database and/or software under the direction of the inventory control manager.
- Conducts frequent spot and partial audits of physical inventory
- Executes daily inventory analysis identifies and resolves discrepancies and problems
- Oversees stock item master, identifying incorrect descriptions and stock numbers
- Locates items that may have incorrect locations or stock numbers - Performs daily physical inventory audits.
- Administers and operates the organization's warehouses, including processing, packaging and storage of supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Accounts for all materials and supplies; audits goods received into warehouse.
- Oversees receipt, storage and shipment of materials, and related reporting in accordance with established procedures.
- Prepares and coordinates schedules for shipping and receiving materials to control the flow of goods and regulate warehouse space.
- Ensures the effectiveness of operating procedures, space utilization, and maintenance and protection of facilities and equipment.
What you bring to the role:
Supervises support level employees. Sets day-to-day operational objectives for the team. Problems faced may be difficult but typically are not complex.
- Ensures policies, practices and procedures are understood and followed by direct reports and stakeholders.
- Receives predetermined work assignments that are subject to moderate level of control and review.
- Supervises support level associates (clerks, production associates, technicians) in an organization characterized by high transactions or processes.
- Sets day-to-day operational objectives for the team to ensure task completion.
- Assignments are largely established in accordance with schedules and deliverables.
- Contributes to the development of processes and procedures and ensure that employees operate within these guidelines.
- Can make exceptions to some but not all processes and procedures. Thorough knowledge of department processes.
- Point person to resolve issues elevated by support personnel.
- Excellent communication skills with warehouse workers, purchasing department, and outside vendors
- Familiarity with ERP and data entry systems
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office
- Advanced understanding of inventory control procedures
- Proficient keyboarding skills; Extremely organized and able to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to develop professional relationships with outside vendors and to perform basic math calculations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required.
- Four-year college degree not required but strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years functional experience including a minimum of 3 years specific experience and 1 year of leadership experience.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR INGRAM MICRO
- Medical, Dental, Vision Available Upon Start Date
- Employer Matched 401(k) + Immediately Vested
- Paid Time Off (PTO) + Sick Days
- Tuition Reimbursement & Career Development
- A Company Culture Rich in our Vision and Values with an Open-Door Policy
- Company Observed Holidays
- Discount Programs that include Wellness, Technology, Retail, and more!