Principle Software Engineer (PHP Developer)
Greer, SC, United States
Job ID: 48337
Ingram Micro is an integral part of the technology and commerce ecosystems, helping our partners grow and thrive through the creation and delivery of Information Technology, Lifecycle Management, e-Commerce Logistics, and Cloud solutions. With $49 billion in revenue and the ability to reach 90% of the global population, we have become the world’s largest technology distributor with operations in 59 countries and more than 35,000 associates.
About our Team:
We support the business processes for both the CSS (Communications Solutions and Services) and the SPS (Secure Payment Solutions) distribution businesses in Ingram Micro.
Our team is over 30 Team Members in the US and India. We focus on having a Team environment where it’s safe to voice concerns and to recognize accomplishments.
We work with Infrastructure teams to improve the environment and we also work closely with Business Analysists on User Stories.
Key Responsibilities in this Role:
- Become a Subject matter expert in our Maverick platform
- Help design and drive implementation our application to be a more robust application
- Mentor developers on better solutions
- 8+ years of development experience (including PHP development)
- Experience in front end and backend software development
- Working on a large team that consists of onshore and offshore
- Dev Ops experience (nice to have AWS)
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or similar work experience
- Object Oriented Programming Language – PHP
- Self-learner that is eager to adopt new technologies and share with team
- Able to map business requirements to general data architectures.
- Strong problem-solving skills, can independently pick best solution, and has good judgement when to consult other SMEs
- Comfortable using Linux command line
- Comfortable writing SQL and designing databases
- Understanding of Object Oriented Analysis & Design, Multi Layer Architecture and Programming Patterns
- 3 years’ experience working with MVC, webservices/APIs, PHP/JS frameworks, writing complex SQL, and designing databases (MySQL preferred)
- Experience deploying/configuring/debugging server services used to host applications (webservers, scripting languages, databases)
Please be prepared to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It’s a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination or racism. As a company we do not – and will not – tolerate these actions.